11

The next morning, Minho woke up with a headache and a sleeping Jisung next to him.

He smiled, happy that last night wasn't a dream and that Jisung was back to him.

He kissed Jisung on the cheek before going to the restroom. He felt like shit. Drinking was probably not the best option for him.

Meanwhile, Jisung groaned as he woke up. "Ah, that was a good sleep." He said, then stopped. Something didn't make sense. "Sleep?" Since when did he sleep? Angels don't sleep.

He stood up and tried to get his wings out, but all it did was cause his back pain. "My wings." They were gone. His eyes widened and he froze once more.

"Jisung what's wrong? Are you okay?" Minho asked, he came out of the restroom as soon as he heard Jisung yell in pain.

"No, I'm not." He had to compose himself. Control his breathing. Minho can't know. It'll just make more trouble for him and the angels. "I- they're gone." But he couldn't control himself. Of course not when his wings are now gone. What did that mean?

"What's gone?" Minho asked, very confused.

But by this time, Jisung had calmed himself down. "Nothing. I don't know what I'm saying anymore."

Minho frowned, "you must be shaken up from last night. You should sleep more Ji-"

"No!" Jisung's eyes widened. "I mean, I'm fine. I'm not shaken up, if anything that girl probably is."

"Girl?"

"The one you protected. She appreciates you helping her. She wants to take you to dinner as a thank you."

"I don't want to go. If I go you might leave again." He pouted.

Jisung felt bad. Really bad. He likes Minho, but being with him will just mess up his life as much as Minho's. And it was starting.

"Okay, how about you go shower? I'll wait here."

"Are you sure?" Jisung nodded. "Okay, I'll go. But don't leave."

Jisung just nodded until Minho was gone. "I think I deserve an explanation."

That's when Sana made herself visible. "I'm sure you do. And I also think that the explanation is quite easy to guess."

"No, I don't get it." Jisung frowned.

"Jisung, you have once again come to earth because of Minho when they told you not to. Even worst that you promised not to. And not only that, but you even got in between fate. I'm sure you've figured that out by now."

"He was in danger!"

"He was not! And even if he was, it's not your decision on whether he gets to live or not. Life has been written out for these people already and you getting in it ruins everything. You've caused a lot of trouble for us. Be glad you're only getting your wings taken away temporarily instead of something else."

Jisung looked down. It was a first to see Sana look so scary. He wasn't used to it. "But, why did I feel sleepy? I fell asleep. That isn't normal."

"Oh, that? You've come down to earth quite a few times already that you are slowly becoming human."

"That's a good thing, isn't it? I can be in Minho's life without ruining anything."

Sana sighed. "This isn't about you being a human or not. You're already dead, Minho reincarnated because he wasn't supposed to be there with you. If you are with him again it may happen once more."

That's when everything seemed to freeze. "I knew Minho in the past?" Jisung asked, surprised.

Sana almost cursed at her slip-up. "Yes, but forget I said that. You can't know about your life."

"Please, Sana. Maybe if I find out what I did wrong, I'll stop seeing Minho."

"I can't because you did nothing wrong. Nothing will change. That's the reason you were attracted to Minho the first time you saw him. And that's why you kept going back to earth to see him."

"If I did nothing wrong, then why? And why did they assign me to be his guardian angel if we had something in the past?"

"I wouldn't know how to tell you." Then they heard the water stop running, and Minho was out. "I should get going. I shouldn't, but I'll figure out more for you. Here's a phone. You'll need it for your days on earth. And stay away from Minho the most you can. The less you see him, the sooner you'll get your wings back. Goodbye."

And as soon as she left, Minho came out. Confused. "Who were you talking to?"

"Ah, um, someone on the phone." Jisung quickly lied, pointing at the small digital device that was left on his hand by Sana. He wasn't sure why he'd need it, but oh well.

Minho nodded slowly. He thought it was suspicious, but he pushed it aside. Now, he's just happy that Jisung is still there in front of him.

"Jisung, how about we go out today?"

"I should get going."
They said at the same time.

"Where?"

"Home."

"Jisung, shouldn't we talk about what happened? About why you left?" Minho frowned. He still felt hurt about jisung leaving him for three whole weeks, almost a month.

Jisung smiled softly. "Okay, now stop frowning so much. You'll get wrinkles."

Minho covered his forehead. "Let's go out."

The young male nodded. "I know a cafe nearby." The one where Minho saw Felix for the first time. Where Jisung met up with Sana.

Now, Jisung plans to do the right thing. But to do that, he's going to have to lie to Minho. And it'll hurt both of them, but Jisung couldn't stay and ruin Minho's life, or his life. He already is an angel, he doesn't want to make things worse for either of them. Which is why not seeing Minho was the right thing.