5

Jisung squirmed uncomfortably. Something about this Sana girl didn't sit right with him. And why was he in human form at a human cafe?

"Sorry for the delay, the cashier couldn't get my order correct." Sana said, sighing as she sat down in front of Jisung. "So, how has work as a guardian angel been?"

Jisung frowned. Why was she making small talk? He shook his head, something about this woman didn't sit right with him.

"Easy. I expected it to be hard."

She smiled, "you haven't had any form of contact with your human, have you?"

Jisung looked away, "no."

Sana almost laughed. "You're a terrible liar." She then turned serious. "You do know you shouldn't have contact with your human right?"

"I shouldn't?"

"The only form of contact you'll ever have and should have with your human, is when he passes away You're in charge of leading them to the right path. That's basically your job."

"What if I decide to talk to my human?" Jisung raised a brow.

"That will only cause pain to you and your human." She said.

"But what does this have to do with Chan?"

"Chan committed a bad crime. He caused someone death."

Jisung froze, wide eyed. Caused someone's death? Chan? No, he's too kind for that.

"How?" Was all Jisung could let out.

"It wasn't anything intentional, calm down. Just things that happen, and I can understand. It's happened before he'd done it."

"Just what did he do?" Jisung said softly.

"Chan is a caring person. He's always been. We started studying together, from the first year. As soon as he started his work, everyone loved him. I found myself looking up to him.
"I wasn't loved, unlike him. In fact, I'd often get funny looks from others. But Chan once took the blame for something bad I did. Not that bad. We soon moved up as guardian angels. And I assisted Chan in whatever he needed. I wanted to become his friend."

"Why didn't you?"

"I was close. We were getting close. He trusted me. He trusted me in one of his big secrets. And I ruined it." She stared down at her drink.

"Did you reveal his secret?"

"I didn't have a choice. One of the angels heard and forced it out of me. I swear I didn't mean to." She cried. Jisung felt bad.

"I understand. But Sana, if you didn't mean to, then why do you avoid him?"

"I felt guilty, and I didn't have the guts to walk up to him once again."

"I'm sure he'll forgive you. It wasn't your fault. But, if I may ask, what was this secret of his?"

Sana squirmed a bit, unsure if she should say the reason. "I know everyone knows by now, and it's old news, but I'd rather wait and have Bang Chan tell you instead. That is, only if he wants to."

Jisung nodded, understanding. "Thanks Sana. Although, I don't quite understand why you decided to tell me about this."

"Originally, I thought of not telling you anything. But I just want you to know that Chan is a good guy. If truth ever gets to you, don't leave his side."

"I won't, but you have to promise me something."

"What?"

"That you'll apologize to Chan for leaving his side, and make amends."

Sana smiles, nodding. "I'll do my best." She got up, "well I must get going. Jihyo wanted to meet up and talk to me about something."

Jihyo is one of the angels on the highest level. Basically, God's helper. She follows whatever he says and checks that other angels do their work as is. You get to roam around, but make sure to not do something bad. For then you'll be punished to hell.

Ah, there is a level between going down on earth and checking everything is alright, and being God's angels. Which are God's angels assistants.

It's for the most part the same thing, except that God's angels also tend to go down to hell to make sure Satan tries nothing bad. Basically, keep an eye on Satan. Scary.

Jisung sighed. Now that he thought about it, what did he do in his life? Did he have a lover? Or was he famous and had many admirers?

Just what was his purpose?

"Jisung?"

Said male looked up, coming back to reality from his little daydream. "Minho? What are you doing here?"

Minho laughed, "um, a friend invited me. And you?"

Okay, that was a big fat lie. The 'friend' part.

"Oh, I was meeting up with a friend, but she just left."

"She?" Minho asked, that somehow didn't sit right with him.

"Yes, she."

Minho sat down across Jisung. "If you don't mind me asking, how do you know her?"

Jisung frowned, "I do mind you asking actually. Minho, you don't have to know how I met her. It isn't important."

"No, yeah you're right." Silence. "Do you like her?"

Jisung cringed, "what? No, I told you, she's a friend. Why does that even matter?"

"I'm just curious! A friend has the right to be curious if his friend starts hanging out with another friend. Especially one they don't know."

"Minho what are you going on about? You make no sense and I don't have the patience to deal with your little attitude right now. I'm leaving." Jisung huffed. It was wrong of him to act this way, but he had to get Minho off his back so he could leave.

Minho sighed, annoyed with himself for ruining the mood. Why was he even making it a big deal?

"Jisung! Jisung look, I'm sorry. I don't know why I asked, you're right, it isn't my business. Just please don't leave." Minho begged. Grabbing Jisung's wrist so he wouldn't leave.

"Minho?"