Chapter 14

Y/N HUDSON

MARCH 5, 1960

"Well, I can keep her for another week, but he's coming home today. I don't know if she'll be able to stay over at Graceland with us, Seth might have to watch her," you said through the phone.

You were currently on the phone with your sister. She needed you to keep Annalise for another week or two, but you didn't know if that was possible. You had been running around all week preparing everything for Elvis' return home.

Not only were you in charge of his media appearances, but you were also helping Colonel with Elvis' concert schedule. Sure, some things were planned last minute, and sure he only personally called you twice out of the two years he was gone and you couldn't be more pissed about it, but it was your job now.

"I'm an half hour away from Graceland, I have to get going. Love you too, alright," you quickly slammed the phone back onto the stand and went to go find Annalise, knowing she probably wasn't ready to leave.

Annalise had been asking about him, but only remembers him if you would show her pictures. The last time she saw him was when she was three, and she's five now. Two years may not seem like a long time, but for a little girl it was like a century.

"Annalise, come on, go get your bags from upstairs. We're running late."

"Seth is packing the last of my pajamas," she said, tearing her eyes away from the television.

You got a good look at what she was wearing and your brows furrowed. She was wearing a green sundress, and not only was it out of season, but it was freezing out. You huffed and made your way up the stairs.

You went to 'Annalise's room', which was actually one of Seth's guest rooms, and found Seth zipping up her suitcase.

"Seth, she's five, why does she need three suitcases? We're not leaving forever," you sarcastically said, going through her closet.

She still had some clothes hanging up due to Seth spending these last two years spoiling her whenever he got the chance. You found the black-turtleneck sweater dress with a off-white neckline and pulled it out. You found a pair of white knee-high stockings and handed them to Seth.

"Go tell her to change into this, it's freezing out, and I have no clue how long we'll be outside, and-"

Seth cut you off with a passionate kiss. He put a hand on your waist and you put a hand on his neck. You pulled away from the kiss and smiled.

"We're running late, Seth, come on."

"You need to relax, Y/n. They won't be mad if you're a few seconds late." He made his way out the room.

You huffed in annoyance and followed him, however you didn't go down the stairs, instead you looked down at him from the balcony.

"My first time seeing my boss as his Personal Assistant and I'm late? I'll end up fired!" I called down to him.

You and Seth had been dating for a little over a year, now. He began taking you on dates and filled your mind during the absence of Elvis. He was tender and patient with you, and understood that you wouldn't be able to communicate as much when Elvis returned home. Seth had gotten you a promise ring for your one year. You wore it on your ring finger, ironically, and on your left hand. He helped you watch Annalise as your sister wanted to get back on her feet. She was still heavily in debt, so Annalise had spent the last two years with you, with the occasional visit back to her mom.