Chapter Eleven

Pulling away from Killian, I grab my phone to check the caller ID.

Seeing who it was, the arousal I felt moments ago was instantly gone.

Pushing Killian off of me and putting back on his shirt and sweater, I answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Michelangelo. I-I, Hi, how are you?" I felt a sense of relief and tenderness wash over me listening to him say my name. Is this what it feels like to have a parent?

"I-I'm good, I think. I c-could be better. I- I just...I don't know." I could feel my throat start to swell and tears on the verge of falling down my face.

I feel Killian wipe my tears away and pull me to his chest whilst he hugs me. He grabs the remote to turn the TV down so it's not obstructing my call.

"Hey kiddo, this is something new for the both of us. Just breath, I'm not going anywhere."

"I just, I don't know what to do, I don't know what's happening to me. I'm scared. I'm scared I'm going to hurt the people around me. The people I love." I cry into Killian, using my free are to hold onto him. He pushes his face into my hair and squeezes me tighter.

"Why? What's wrong?" I could hear him shuffling around on the other end and a door close.

"Everything. Since my birthday nothings been the same. My body is changing, I can't control my emotions, people are submitting to me. I get I'm an Alpha now because Apollo told me but I've lived my life thinking I was an omega. The Alpha of my pack shouldn't be on the verge of submitting to me. That's not normal."

"Apollo? That- Why would you think you're an omega?"

"Because that's what they made me and everyone believe. They drugged me and abused me for 9 years. The same day they had taken me was when it started." I felt Killian tense underneath me hearing me words.

"Quei figli di puttana! è meglio che siano contenti di essere morti, se non lo fossero se li uccidessi io stesso!! Fuck!" The rage in his voice sent shivers down my spine. I don't know if it's because he's my father or an Alpha but Killian's father doesn't sound this scary.

"You can say that again. They died in a rouge attack when I was 11, the packs head warrior tried to save them but the rouges got to them. Thankfully." Killian tensed underneath me again. I look up at him to see what's wrong but he just shakes his head.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that Michelangelo. I should have been a better father. We shouldn't have left you with them. I shouldn't have left you them." You could hear the hurt and shame in his voice as he spoke.

"No, don't blame yourself. It's no one's fault but their own. I seen what he was like. He was jealous. I was in a coma for a few months and the events from you getting your mate until they died, just kept replaying in my head. He killed his mate. He did that. He was angry because he couldn't have what you had."

"The girl- in the field, she had just joined the pack. I blamed myself for her death for years, thinking I didn't have a secure boarder, that a rouge had come and killed her. It was him." I heard a door open again and different voices in the background talking but couldn't catch what they were saying.

"Yes you two, I'll com- no not right no- later when I'm of- this is an important phon- Yo-your brother. I'm talking to your big brother. Yes whe-"

"WE WANT TO TALK TO HIM!!"

"Guys we're having an importan- it's gonna have to wa-"

"MAMA!!! PAPA WON'T LET US TALK TO MICHELANGELO!!!!!"