Sweater (💚)

A/N: FLUFF! :D a tooth-rottingly sweet oneshot inspired by December 3rd. (iykyk)

-

When I saw it in the store, it reminded me so much of her.

It was gorgeous, a sweater with the blackest thread I've even seen, with little silver strands woven in between. It was cuffed at the neck, wrists, and bottom of it.

It seems like it would be something she'd purchase for herself.

I bought it for her on an impulse and planned to give it to her also on an impulse.

Even though I knew Wednesday loved me and loved dating me, it was hard to get her out of the house. Or well, the school. She loved her alone time and it took a lot to get her away from her studies.

Also, I partly think she's afraid of how much she cares about me, and how nervous I make her.

So luckily, the local florist was right nearby.

-

"Hey, Wens." He said, greeting me outside the gate that separates Nevermore and the rest of Vermont.

He was holding my favorite flower, the black dalia, of course.

My weakness.

"Tyler, what do you want?"

"To take you out."

"Sounds suspicious."

Bianca and Enid giggled behind me. Since everything, I've gained a lot of friends (somehow,) at Nevermore, and sickeningly, I also gained the best boyfriend ever, who was taunting me outside the gate.

Everyone seemed to love us being together. It was a shaky road: I kissed him, found out he was the Hyde, he was locked up, bailed out of jail by his father (how that happened, I had no idea), sent to therapy, and then after, he spent some extremely painful months trying to win me back until I finally found it in my nonexistent heart to give everything another try.

And everything has actually been quite pleasant since then.

"Fine. I'll go. This better not take long, I have-"

"Yes, yes, you have a curfew. I know. Now c'mon, it's gonna get dark in a few minutes."

"My perfect time of day," I said, while waving bye at my friends and crossing over to the non-Nevermore world again.

-

"So, where are we going?"

"The woods."

"You're not going to-"

"No, I'm not going to hyde out. You know I hate doing that. It grosses me out."

"Have to make sure."

"But I just... I have something to give you."

"..I see."

"It's not- a guillotine, or a machete, or anything, but I hope you'll like it."

"We'll see."

I almost smiled.

We were finally there, and he pulled out a blanket for us to sit on.

And for a while, we did just that, sat together. You know you truly love someone when you're able to sit in silence with them and still enjoy the time spent.