A Rocky Start (💛)

A/N: I started writing this in history class I feel awkward. Anyways, while I love writing weyler as a super cute romantic thing, we all know that Wednesday is super awkward and Tyler just rolls with it (remember the date? totes awkward but super cute.) So im going to make them fall in love and get together as realistically as possible to the show. It's set right before she finds out he's the hyde and it has a slightly happier ending. This is probably gonna be long as shit so 3 parts? yeah.

-

I was rechecking drawing after drawing of the Hyde, and looking at my notes. I was at an end, I had no leads. My main suspect was Xavier, that was a bust.

Who could it possibly be?

"You look stressed. I made you more coffee."

Tyler slid the cup over to me.

"I've already had so much caffeine today, I couldn't-" but after I said that, I looked up at him. I could tell he was bored and on break. The place was empty except for me and Uncle Fester, who preferred to be invisible at this moment.

"Whatever. I'll drink it. Sit down, since it's obvious you want to."

Instead of sitting across from me like I assumed, he sat beside me.

"Still looking for that thing, huh?"

"Yep." I pursed my lips in frustration.

"You know what would help?" He asked, putting his arm over the top of the booth over me.

"Do you have any information?" I asked.

"No, not that. I just think you need to get your mind off things. You seemed to enjoy yourself when I invited-"

I gave him a death stare to remind him of who was invisibly sitting across from us.

"Oh, gotcha. But I was just gonna ask, like, if you wanted to do it again. Especially since it got cut short."

"Like I said before, Tyler, you don't want to do this. Not with me."

"But the problem is, Wednesday, I do."

We sat in silence for a minute while I thought.

"Fine. I'll allow you to, but only because I'm feeling nice. I promise you'll regret it."

I forced myself to stare at my work like I was preoccupied.

He leaned in his arm more and I quickly gave him a look.

He moved it back.

"So uh, is there anywhere particular you'd like me to take you?"

"I don't know."

"Should I make it a surprise?"

"You could, but there's always a chance I won't like it."

"True. I'll pick you up from Nevermore at 7 tomorrow. I'll come up with something good."

He got up and smiled at me while I continued to frown.

I could tell why he got up, since his father entered the room a minute later complaining of whatever minuscule case he was working on. When they both left, Uncle Fester reappeared.

"My deadly niece has a date! Imagine that," he laughed.

"I do not," I said, and looked up at him. I could certainly look at him without losing my cool, unlike some other people.

"He likes you. It's something all guys can tell."

He chortled, and started taking serving-size packs of sugar and chewing them whole.