Jealousy, Jealousy 2 (💚)

A/N: The long awaited part two!! sorry this took forever, finals and everything, along with my adhd brain being bombarded with lots of ideas so its hard to stick to one thing but here i am, finishing this!

-

Maybe it was the oxytocin from making love, but Tyler and I were inseparable.

In our own special way, of course.

Tyler routinely stopped by the gates of Nevermore to say hi to me after my classes. Sometimes he gave me small gifts, or invited me to a date of some kind, or he just wanted to look his girlfriend up and down and melt at whatever he saw that was of value in me.

Without me even having to say it, people at school just somehow knew.

Enid posted something about it on her blog, in which was very respectful and contained no false information.

Because if it did, she knew I'd kill her.

When I recounted the story to her, I conveniently left out the detail of Xavier entirely.

He now acted incredibly weird around me. Whenever he sat, he shrunk into his frame.

I almost felt bad.

We haven't really talked. At all.

Until we were put in a group project together.

Our project was surveying Jericho citizens about the effects that Nevermore has on the town: funding, presence, safety, etc.

Our grade was dependent on the variety and quantity of people we surveyed, so we were let into town often to work.

Communication was forced no matter how much we didn't want to talk to each other.

Our groups were made pretty biased, Enid, Bianca, Xavier and I were paired together, our teacher knowing we were friends.

She didn't know about Xavier and I's falling out, though.

And when Enid and Bianca suggested we should go into the Weathervane and interview the people there, I didn't want to say no.

Xavier went quiet as we crossed the street.

The doors chimed as we walked in, and Tyler at the counter glanced at us. He did a double take when he saw me, and smiled.

"It's jam-packed today," Enid said.

"We should sit at a table, order some drinks and then get to surveying. It's cold as hell out there, let's take our sweet-ass time," Bianca chimed in.

They looked at me for my say, and I just shrugged.

Xavier's silence was contagious, I suppose. Enid and Bianca clearly did not notice his off behavior, and if they did, they knew to ignore it.

As we walked up to the counter, I mentally braced myself for what stupidity would come from this.

"What can I get you, my love?" Tyler said, leaning down to be at eye level with me.

"Do not call me that," I said, facial expression void of any warmth.

I saw his eyes flicker for a second to look up at Xavier, and revel in his jealousy.