Chapter 4: Cycle of Life

The gray skies wept heavy rain as Naruto, Tamamo, Tsunade, Jiraiya, Wukong, Lucoa, and a few other yokai leaders in Japan and from around the world watched as Miko was buried, the burial lead by an elder of the faction called Baba.

Tamamo was crying as she watched her mother vanish beneath the cold Earth and Naruto held her as she cried, no tears in his eyes.

He, obviously, was powered down to base power. However, there was one tell sign of his dramatic change and it was the closed eye on his forehead. The eyelids were visible for everyone to see.

"So, you did not care for her?" Kurama asked Naruto from within the mindscape.

She took care of me and loved me Kurama.' Naruto responded as everyone separated for the small after gathering. 'How could I not care?'

"Her form of training was attempted murder." Chomei spoke up. "From what we saw when we reunited, she was not a loving mother."

The tailed beasts agreed as Naruto cut his connection when his teammates that survived the war approached him.

"Naruto," Wukong said worriedly as he saw Tamamo. "Are you doing alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine Wukong." Naruto replied as he sat down with Tamamo, with Lucoa sitting next to her.

"There, there," Lucoa said, wearing Aztec clothing and a cape adorned with rainbow colored feathers, as Tamamo hugged her, face planting in her giant breasts. "Big Sis Lucoa is here."

Tamamo cried into Lucoa's chest and babbled for several minutes while Naruto silently listened.

Everyone mourned at their own pace, and eventually, the party ended with Naruto bidding his teammates farewell for the evening, before he returned home with Tsunade, Jiraiya, Shizune, and Tamamo, who was asleep with tears stains on her cheeks.

Naruto took Tamamo to her room and ran some water in a basin and used a wet cloth to clean her face and a dry towel to dry her face before he changed her into her night attire and joined her in bed.

"Where will we start rebuilding?" Matatabi asked as she cleaned her flames.

'Tamamo will need to be crowned successor to the throne.' Naruto told them. 'Then, I'll need to reverse all the damage the Earth suffered from this war.'

"Meaning you will be gone for months on end, right?" Saiken asked. "You can't leave, Tamamo will need you during the pregnancy."

Naruto silently agreed, but knew the world needed him too.

So, early the next morning, Naruto woke up refreshed and fully healed.

Tamamo was crowned successor and watched sadly as Naruto, Wukong, and Lucoa left, knowing they were doing what was best, but did not want her beloved to go.

Seven months pass.

Tamamo has been establishing new sections of Kyoto, helping those in need and sheltering those who need living in the capital palace while they rebuild their homes.

Now eight months pregnant, Tamamo heard stories of Naruto, Wukong, and Lucoa traveling around the world and miraculously restoring the landscape through various means.

While this made Tamamo happy, she was worried Naruto would not return on time for their baby to be born.

Jiraiya and Tsunade helped, both with leading Kyoto and helping her through her pregnancy in Naruto's place.

Each day was slow and repetitive, with no end in sight for Tamamo as her hormones and emotional instability kept getting worse the longer Naruto was gone.