Chapter 48: Sands in the Hourglass

The air was tense as Sirzechs, Serafall, Michael, Gabriel, Azazel, and Naruto sat at the table.

"Well, as the mediator of this little shin-dig, I guess I'll go throw a list of things you guys need to talk about." Naruto said with a joking smirk as he opened up a small note pad, clearing his throat. "Ahem, The Kokabiel Incident..."

He flipped through the rest of the pages.

"And that is all." He said, making the young devils drop to the ground.

"That wasn't really funny, Naruto." Gabriel stated, an apologetic smile on her face.

Naruto frowned.

"It is true that this meeting is going to focus on that Incident, but we are also here to talk about an alliance between all four of our..." Azazel started before he was cut off by Naruto.

"My family isn't a faction, Azazel." Naruto said as he looked at the Governor-General.

"Yes, excuse me." Azazel apologized. "But we are here to make an alliance between our factions as well."

"That is true." Michael said with his everlasting smile. "And with Naruto here, we will be more relaxed. After all, he has been a big help to us, the Angels."

"And to us Fallen Angels." Azazel said, glancing at Sirzechs with Michael, waiting for him to finish.

"What?" Sirzechs questioned, out of the loop.

"Naruto actually doesn't have an 'alliance' with our Faction." Serafall stated, as she was the Head of Foreign Affairs. "It is true, I am married to Naruto, but that was done in secret."

Sirzechs wanted to be angry, he really did, but since this didn't affect Serafall's work performance, he let it slide.

"If we are sharing secrets, then I guess I'll start." Naruto interrupted as he glanced at Jack, who held shock and worry in her uncovered eye.

Naruto could see she didn't want him to say anything.

"It's going to be okay." Naruto said, confusing everyone except his wives and children.

"What is?" Sirzechs asked.

"Lil' Zechs," Naruto said, seriousness coating his voice. "I had a spy planted into your ranks a long time ago."

Sirzechs's eyes narrowed as the young devils gasped.

"Go on." Sirzechs said.

"She wasn't sent to be hostile, but to keep me updated on current events and such." Naruto said as he turned to his second child and motioned for her to step up. "And Jack has been dutifully doing this job, and protecting her King."

Jack stepped up.

"It is true, Lord Lucifer." Jack said as she looked at the ground.

She may have been a spy, but she still respected the Satan's and loved Sona, so being revealed in this way wasn't the worst.

"Impossible..." Sona said as she stepped up, putting her hand on Jack's shoulders. "Jack was brought to the Satan's by Misla Bael, asking them to take her in..."

"That is true, but it was a set up." Naruto explained as he looked at Sirzechs, who was pinching his nose. "I take full responsibility, so please, don't punish Jack."

Naruto bowed.

"Naruto, I understand your distrust of the devils." Sirzechs said as he took a deep breath. "But you are my teacher, if you had asked, I would have established a way to keep you updated."

"I know, but at the time, I wasn't in the best mind set." Naruto said, owning up to this.

"So, was all this..." Sona said as she was still in disbelief. "All this time, Jack was just working for you?"