Chapter 7: Gap between Dimensions

Naruto could feel himself becoming conscious.

'So, I didn't die after all.' He thought groggily as his senses were getting awakened. 'They were right. But it was worth a try. I wonder how long I was out?'

"So, you are waking up."

Naruto cracked his eyes open bit by bit, his vision being blurred and sensitive from the intense light.

He could now feel himself being propped up on someone's legs, with their arms around his torso.

Some more time passed before he could open his eyes and look around him.

It was a void. Full of colors and empty. No start, no end, total silence, worse than darkness.

'Where...' Naruto thought as he tried to sit up, only to be pulled down by whoever was holding him.

"Don't move. You have been reforming for ten years, so take it slow." The person said emotionlessly. "I don't want you hurt more that you already were."

"Who are you?" Naruto asked in a raspy voice. "Where are we?"

"We are in my home, the Dimensional Gap."

Naruto tensed and pushed himself away from his holder, activating his Six Paths chakra mode, Rinne-sharingan activated.

Ophis smiled at this.

"Adorable." She stated as she stood up, 'dusting' her skirt off. "You are just like him, you even had the same reaction your father did when we first met, Ashura."

"Ashura?" Naruto whispered. "The only Ashura I know was..."

"The son of Hagoromo Otsutsuki." Ophis responded.

"How do you know of Old Man Sage?" Naruto demanded, but was stopped when Ophis appeared before him and wrapped him in a hug.

"How long have I wanted to hold you again, my son. My dear Ashura." Ophis stated, her emotionless tone holding small amounts of happiness in it.

Naruto and the tailed beasts were shocked to hear this.

'WHAT!' they all shouted within Naruto.

Breaking her hold again, Naruto jumped back, his Truth-Seeker Orbs following him with two of them forming short staffs and he held them defensively.

"Why do you run from me?" Ophis asked sadly.

"You aren't my mother." Naruto stated, watching Ophis carefully. "My parents are Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki."

Naruto felt Kurama's want to talk to Ophis, and gave him control.

"And who are you to Old Man Six Paths Ophis?" Kurama asked rudely, yet it seemed he knew her from the tone he used. "Ashura's and Indra's mother died giving birth to them, so there is no way you were their mother!"

Ophis smiled, her eyes closed, as if she was remembering something.

"Hagoromo came here along time ago." Ophis stated fondly. "We fought, and eventually fell in love. I donated some eggs and he matured them with his Creation of All Things ability. I held my children once before Hagoromo left. I wasn't able to enter his world, or else I would have been there to stop my children's feud before it even started."

Ophis's eyes held sadness as she continued.

"I had to watch as my family tore itself apart and could not do anything to stop it." Ophis stated, her hand clenched and shook with anger, her magic flaring up.

The pressure Naruto felt was intense.

'She truly is worth her title of being the Infinite Dragon God.' Naruto thought as her magic built up endlessly, seemingly.