CHAPTER 19: Hiding Within the Shadows

Third Person's Perspective

Willow was about to leave when Boscha called her "Wai- Aren't you going to untie me??"

"Untie you? I thought vampires are strong?" Willow taunted "Why don't you show me this 'special' ability that you vampires are so proud of"

"I don't know what you're talking about" Boscha replied while looking away

"Don't toy with me pinky, I know very well that you can get out of those vines, the vines I used are normal ones and can easily be broken" Willow crossed her arms over her chest as she leans at the tree beside her "Tell me the truth, why did you help Luz? Didn't you even considered that us wolves'—mortal enemies of the vampires—will use the information you gave us to wipe out all of you?? And don't even think about lying to me!" Willow questioned, giving Boscha a stern look

Boscha didn't flinch from Willow's glare but she just thought of what to answer her "Uhm, that's a pretty good question.... But as I've said to you guys earlier, I don't have any reason. I just had a feeling that I should help you guys on something. Why is it so hard for you to trust anyone?"

"That's because it's impossible!!" Willow's sudden outburst made her widened in shock "No one is ever willing to help another person just for free!! Everyone wants something in exchange for the help they give!! Immortals tend to be deceitful, making other people believe that they are willing to help you when they're not!! There isn't a kind of person like that!"

"There is a kind of person like that!" Boscha shouted back

"Then who?! Huh?! Give me one person who doesn't use others just for their personal needs!! Give me one person who shows true and honest intention for others?! Tell me one!!" Willow shouted

"Me!" Boscha yelled, standing up from the ground as she took a step closer to Willow

"What?" Willow asked

"I'm the kind of person who's willing to help another person without needing something in return. I'm the kind of immortal that isn't deceitful, thinking of a better way to help other people. I am the one person who doesn't use others just for their personal needs and I'm the one person who shows true and honest intention for others" Willow couldn't believe it, this vampire in front of her is saying that she's the person that Willow has been looking for this whole time. Now, there is someone claiming to be her ideal person.

"Stop lying!! I know you're just like all of them!!" Willow yelled back

"I'm not!" Boscha shouted back

"Yes, you are" Willow yelled "You're just one of those people who keeps deceiving me!! Giving me nothing but dishonesty and false hope!!"

Boscha's eyes widened, now realizing why it's hard for the wolf girl in front of her to trust anyone that easily. It was because of her past, her previous bad memories are the reasons why she's like this. It made Boscha guilty

But why?

Why would she be guilty about Willow's distrust for others? Why does she feel responsible for Willow's changes?

"I-" Boscha was lost for words, she can't think of anything to say to the wolf girl in front of her. She closed her eyes, clenching her fist as she has her head glued on the ground "I... I'm sorry, I didn't know"

"None of you did. You people are just all talk" Willow said, in quite a calm tone but the hatred still lingered from her voice "But you're right, there is one person who doesn't have any hint of corruption in her and it's Luz. Luz is the only person who made me feel like I'm special, she made me feel... me. Her words, her comforts, her compliments. Nothing in her made me feel less. So, if I have to choose between all of this or her, I will absolutely choose her."