25

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Sir." Agad kong linapag ang gamit ko sa table namin. The venue of my meeting today was in a restaurant under a 5 star hotel.

When I took my seat, finally settling myself to start the meeting, I examined the guy in front of me. He looked like he was on his late 40s. He was in his formal corporate attire but I found the patterns of his necktie quite funny.

"Shall we start, Mr. Vergara?" I formally said. My brows creased when he rose his hand to lift his wrist up, reading the time in his watch.

Hala... Sobrang late na ba ako at inip na inip na siya...

"Hold on, Ms. Buenevista. Mr. Vergara had some personal agenda he had to attend to." Mas lalong nagsalubong ang kilay ko. Ha? Hindi ba 'to si Mr. Vergara? He seemed to have taken a hint of my confusion but he thoroughly explained to me the situation. Ina-assist niya lang pala si Mr. Vergara ngayon sa meeting namin. At wala pa siya ngayon dahil may iba raw muna inasikaso pero papunta naman na raw.

'Kala ko naman ko naman late na ako, ayun pala mas late 'yung kikitain ko.

Ang agenda sa meeting ko ngayon ay may event raw kasi na i-cecelebrate ang pamilya ni Mr. Vergara. Grand daw 'yon at cinontact ako dahil nag-ooffer din kasi ang restaurant ko ng catering services and they wanted to hire us for the job.

Dahil mukhang medyo matagal pa ako maghihintay, kinalikot ko na muna ang phone ko. I suddenly remembered when I met Cole earlier today. It's been what? 7 years since I last saw him up close?

I sighed as I suddenly found myself searching for his user on Instagram.

kyzercole

for Him and them. 🩺

His icon hasn't changed. It was still the photo I took of him in our first anniversary. He wasn't really that active in Instagram either so I guess he didn't really have the time to even think of changing it.

He looked so familiar yet different at the same time. I'm pretty sure he looks much more mature now, his jaw line was more defined as before, some features appeared sharper. His eyes looked the same as before, it had the same color yet his stares felt more intimidating. His built looked bigger than before too. I guess he's been taking good care of himself after all.

"Are you stalking my cousin?"

"Ay butiki!" Muntikan ko na mabitawan ang cellphone ko sa gulat noong may nagsalita sa gilid ko. I was gonna to scold him and glare at him but immediately shrugged off the idea when I saw a familiar man in front of me.

"Angelo?" I was bewildered. The side of his lips slightly rose as teasing grin etched on his face.

"Ms. Buenavista, this is Mr. Vergara.... Or should I say, Engineer Vergara."

Mas lalo akong nagulat at napanganga. Huh?! Friends kami nito sa FB noon, ah?! Hindi ba Hernandez 'to?!

"So, Ms. Buenavista, owner of the well known El Casa restaurant and most in demand chef of this time..." I felt embarrassed all of a sudden. Nabigla kasi ako! It's unusual for your client to be someone you met in a club during college! "Shall we start?" He pulled the chair beside me and made himself comfortable on his chair.

Parang bata 'tong si Angelo. He still had the same carefree vibe from college. Kaya siguro pinaalalayan siya ng mommy niya kay Jordan— 'yung lalaki kanina na secretary ng mommy niya tas company ni Angelo ngayon.