Chapter 4

About an hour had passed when (y/n) walked in with a long white coat in hand. "I work a ten hour shift today. So, I won't be back until late." She said. He looked her up and down, taking in her rather professional appearance.

"What I'm hearing is that I have ten hours to escape this place." He said with a smirk.

"Sure, but with that wound you won't make it to the front door without popping a stitch and bleeding out on my freshly cleaned floor." She replied to him a little too nonchalantly. The man feigned hurt with a small gasp, "So little concern"

She rolled her eyes before leaving the house.

After a quiet drive to work she put on her lab coat and walked in. "You look tired." Her coworker, Chase, said. She ignored him to the best of her abilities. "Oh! Maybe you finally got laid." He poked with a cheeky smile.

"Ah yes because there couldn't possibly be any other reason. Get your mind out of the gutter." (y/n) said, grabbing a few patients' files that had been left on her desk. Chase slid over to her desk. "Alright my interest is officially piqued. Share with the rest of the class what happened." His Australian accented voice said as he popped a hard candy into his mouth waiting for an answer. She sat down at her desk skimming through the first file and sighed.

"If you must know Chase, a hurt dog showed up on my doorstep last night. I spent most of the night helping the poor thing."

"Of course, the bleeding heart (y/n) would be sleep deprived over a stray dog." He scoffed, running a hand through his blonde hair. "I was really hoping for something more interesting."

Work had gone by as smoothly as one could expect in a hospital and the explanation (y/n) had given Chase had seemed to quench his curiosity. The blue-eyed man now watched silently as his friend and coworker took a few bottles of morphine and I.V bags from the supply room. What could you possibly need those for he wondered. She headed to the garage clocking out of work. He followed and jogged to catch up to her in the parking lot. Noticing the man now walking next to her she sighed softly.

"I saw what you put in that bag of yours." Chase said quietly. She turned on her heel to face him now next to her car.

"And you won't tell anyone. If you did then some little birdy might just tell the higher ups about that time you spent an entire shift sleeping off a hangover." Her voice was friendly, but the words dripped with poison. Chase backed off with his hands up in mock surrender. She got into her car and shut the door. "Someday I'll find out your secrets!" Chase called as she drove off.

On the drive home inklings of worry about the wounded dog slipped into her thoughts. Her grip on the steering wheel tightened. "I swear if he tried to get up for anything other than to piss or shit, I'll kill him myself." She mumbled to herself.

She was thrown from her thoughts upon seeing the front door open to her home. Her heart started to race at the thoughts of what could have happened.

----------------------------------------------

Two chapters in like two days?? crazy. Chapter 5 and 6 will be up within the next week. I'm going to try to work on a few other stories and series that I've abandoned. I'm also challenging myself to write a fanfic a day. Please do reach out if you have any slasher and/or prompt/story idea you'd like me to try!