Chapter 27 The Lin Brothers

At the door, Lin Mozhu looked at the happy smile on his younger brother's face and felt his happiness. While the corners of her mouth were raised, she couldn't help but her eyes were red.

Two years, two full years.

Three years ago, in order to eat something good for my aunt who was pregnant with Liujia, my uncle decided to go hunting in the mountains. Just this time, but never came back. The villagers who went into the mountain to help search only brought back his hunting bow and arrow, and found a pool of blood not far away.

Later, because my aunt moved her fetus, Xiao Fei was left for more than seven months. Xiaofei, who was born prematurely, is so small that he can't even cry very weakly. But miraculously, he survived. It's just that my aunt lost her body due to premature birth, and finally passed away after dragging on for more than half a year.

When his aunt passed away, only ten-year-old him and Xiao Fei, who was not yet weaned, were left in the family. It is undeniable that most of the people in the village are good people, even if they do not extend a helping hand, they will not make trouble.

It's just that most don't include everyone. Every village has a few hooligans, and no one in the village dares to provoke them.

Because they were young, everything of little value in the house was taken away, even farm tools. Without money, all the land at home was sold. All that is left to the two brothers is this dilapidated house that leaks rain in summer and wind in winter.

These two years, in order to survive. He went down the river to catch fish and went up the mountain to dig cassava. Well-meaning villagers will occasionally send them some food, but it is not enough.

Hunger is commonplace, and what I fear most is the cold winter. Without clothes to keep out the cold, he could only starve and hide at home by the fire every day. Lin Mozhu didn't even know how he and Xiao Fei survived.

Lin Mozhu knew that if it wasn't for Xiao Fei, he would not be able to persevere in such a difficult life. But the one he felt most sorry for was Xiao Fei.

In the past two years, he never made Xiao Fei full. The two-and-a-half-year-old child is thinner than the one-year-old child in the village. I don't know if it's because of premature birth or lack of food, Xiao Fei still can't speak, not even a simple word.

Many people in the village say that Xiao Fei is dumb and stupid by nature. Lin Mozhu felt very sad every time he heard it.

And Xiao Fei, who can't speak, can actually understand their ridicule. So Xiao Fei didn't like to go out, and Lin Mozhu saw him secretly hiding at the door several times to observe the children playing around at the intersection. The little child, with his skinny face, was full of envy. Lin Mozhu looked very uncomfortable.

So Lin Mozhu is grateful to Yang Fan.

Although this person is full of problems, his clothes and behavior are weird from head to toe. Lin Mozhu, who didn't trust people easily, naturally never let go of his doubts about Yang Fan.

But it was this strange man who made him and Xiao Fei full for the first time. When Xiao Fei fell into the water, he was so helpless and terrified, it was Yang Fan who saved Xiao Fei. Afterwards, he took Xiaofei to see a doctor and bought a lot of food and meat.

For more than three years, he ate meat for the first time and white rice for the first time. The same goes for Xiao Fei, he is very happy every time he eats, and he moves the small stool early to sit and wait. In a few days, Xiao Fei's small face obviously had some flesh.

On the other hand, Lin Mozhu was also very sober. It is impossible for the two brothers to rely on Yang Fan all the time, maybe he will leave soon. The days of being able to eat like this will soon end, so he knows that Yang Fan has no responsibility for them, so he still has the cheek to lead Xiao Fei to continue eating.

He knew this very well, so if he wanted to send some meat to Grandpa Lin's house just now, he couldn't say it.

There are four members of the Lin family. Grandpa Lin's wife passed away many years ago. Lin Dagen, the only son, and his daughter-in-law have an eight-year-old son. The conditions of the Lin family were not good either, so they relied on the old cow and a few acres of land to support the whole family.

Since his uncle and aunt were gone, Grandpa Lin has been taking good care of the two brothers. Even though the condition of his own family is not good, Lin Dagen will send some food and firewood to the two brothers every winter.

If it weren't for Grandpa Lin's family, the two brothers would have starved to death or frozen to death two years ago.

The same is true for taking in Yang Fan this time. After the village learned of Yang Fan's existence, there were a lot of gossips, which even alarmed the village chief. It was also Grandpa Lin who made a guarantee in front of the village head and helped a lot.

So Lin Mozhu was very grateful to them, but he couldn't do such a thing as asking Yang Fan, who also helped them, to send food or money to the Lin family.

【End of this chapter】