Chapter 73 The New Chef

The appearance of Ji Xiyan solved Yang Fan's distress. But Ji Xiyan, who came to work the next day, was red-eyed. As the manager of Zhiwei Restaurant, Wu Qinghe was taught by Yang Fan to "be considerate and care about the employees", so he asked him privately what was going on.

Facing Wu Qinghe's concern, Ji Xiyan hesitated for a while, but still told the story. It turned out that the house they rented did not pay the rent, and the landlord drove the mother and son out. Ji Xiyan was going to the restaurant today, so his mother had no choice but to stay in the ruined temple outside the city. Worrying about her mother's poor health, Ji Xiyan couldn't control her emotions.

After knowing the reason, Wu Qinghe hesitated, and offered to ask Ji Xiyan to pick up his mother from outside the city. There are still three vacant rooms in the row of houses in the backyard of the restaurant. Wu Qinghe took the initiative to clear out one of them and let Ji Xiyan's mother and son live first.

When Yang Fan came over at noon, Wu Qinghe told Yang Fan what had happened. After Yang Fan listened, he patted Wu Qinghe's shoulder appreciatively: "You've done a good job. Give your employees some convenience within your ability, so as to retain people's hearts? Like Ji Xiyan, you don't need to charge him rent. If he The performance is good, and our restaurant is not bad to support one more person."

After speaking, he called Ji Xiyan: "I heard from Qinghe that you and your mother can live here with peace of mind. Your job is to take care of everyone for the time being. Qinghe will tell you the standard of three meals a day."

"Yes, boss." Ji Xiyan remembered Yang Fan's kindness for taking their mother and child into his heart, so he helped Yang Fan more seriously.

Yang Fan nodded, and handed him a menu: "This is today's menu. You can see what ingredients you need. If there are any shortages, let Qinghe arrange people to go to the vegetable market to buy them. Make them in the evening, and I will prepare them in the evening." Will bring people over to taste

"Okay, boss. "

That night, everyone from the Yang family came to the restaurant. In the big box, the table was full of delicacies that made everyone's eyes shine.

Salivating. Yang Fan was the first to take the chopsticks, and after trying everything, he was very satisfied with Ji Xiyan's performance.

Yang Fan served a total of eight dishes, which are basically home-cooked dishes. Ji Xiyan did everything very well, especially a few of them were outstanding. Regarding this, Yang Fan couldn't help but secretly rejoiced that he had dug up the treasure.

And the others sat down around the table early, and I ate with one chopstick. Everyone praised Ji Xiyan's cooking skills.

The next day, Yang Fan also gave Ji Xiyan a menu for him to cook. However, what is written on the menu is no longer home-cooked dishes, but has increased some difficulty. On the third day, Yang Fan didn't give a menu, and asked Ji Xiyan to do whatever she wanted.

After three days of investigation, Yang Fan came to a conclusion.

Indeed, as Ji Xiyan himself said, he is very good at cooking, and basic ingredients are not difficult for him. But what he is good at is more home-cooked, delicate or slightly difficult. Although the taste of Ji Xiyan's cooking is good, it is obviously not as delicious as those home-cooked dishes.

As for the more expensive ingredients, Ji Xiyan seemed to be at a loss as to what to do. Even when cooking, I didn't grasp the heat several times.

Overall, Ji Xiyan is qualified. There is only one thing he lacks, and that is experience.

Yang Fan is willing to give Ji Xiyan a platform, let him practice his cooking skills, and slowly build Zhiwei Restaurant. So after the three-day trial period, Yang Fan officially signed the contract with Ji Xiyan.

For a five-year contract, the wages for the first three months are 100% per month. After three months, two slings of money per month, and three slings of money every month after one year, and one percent of the restaurant's annual profit will be given as a bonus. Such a salary is rare even in the county government of Chihu County, not to mention Fuyuan County.

After listening to Yang Fan's benefits, Ji Xiyan's face turned red with excitement, and she couldn't even speak: "Boss, I, I will, I will do it well!"

From Yang Fan's point of view, Ji Xiyan's salary is actually not high. A good chef can bring more than one percent of the income to the restaurant.

And every time he thought about it afterwards, Yang Fan felt that he was very prescient. Ji Xiyan's growth rate is astonishing, and he realized his value three months earlier than he expected. After that, he became the backbone of the Zhiwei restaurant chain in the entire Beiyue country, and he unswervingly chose Yang Fan and Zhiwei restaurant no matter what he faced.

Of course, that's for later.

Now, Zhiwei restaurant has just started. With the addition of Ji Xiyan, the restaurant can finally get rid of the dilemma of only one hot pot. With Ji Xiyan's help, Zhiwei Restaurant officially launched 30 dishes a month later.

At this time, the weather is getting hotter, and fewer and fewer people eat hot pot. The launch of the dishes was very timely, which once again improved the business of the restaurant, and gradually more people came to eat. Seeing this situation, Yang Fan was finally relieved.

During the month of preparation, San'er told Yang Fan about what they found out about Ji Xiyan.

In fact, it's not San'er and they went to inquire. The entire Fuyuan County is only that big, and even the

trivial matter will be discussed in private, and soon everyone in the entire county will know about it. Many people saw the fact that Yang Fan left Ji Xiyan behind. Some diners in the restaurant behind saw Ji Xiyan going in and out, and started discussing in private.

San'er waited a few days, and after hearing too much from the diners, he knew the origin of the matter. Knowing that Yang Fan is a foreigner and usually stays at home, he probably doesn't know these things. So I specifically told Yang Fan.

The Ji family is the richest family in Fuyuan County besides the Pei family. Ji Xiyan is the young master of this family.

It is said that twenty years ago, the master of the Ji family went out to do business, and when he came back, he brought back a beautiful girl. After returning home, the master of the Ji family ignored the objection of the original wife and raised the girl as a noble concubine.

This original wife's natal family is also a wealthy family in Fuyuan County. At that time, they had already given birth to a young master and a young lady for the master of the Ji family. That girl is an outsider, with no relatives or reasons, so she can only rely on the master of the Ji family. In the Ji family, it was natural that life was not very

good. At the beginning, the master of the Ji family treated her well. But four years later, the girl gave birth to a female boy. Now, the master of the Ji family was directly annoyed. Not only did he demote her from a concubine to a concubine, but he also did not enter her room for several months.

In fact, many wives and concubines of wealthy families also give birth to males and females. Generally speaking, although the status of male and female is not high, they are of their own blood after all, and at most they are not favored. When the son grows up, give him a dowry and marry him. Some people have crooked minds, and when they see that their children are good-looking, they can give them to the rich and powerful as gifts.

Ji Xiyan was bad because he had a birthmark on his face when he was born. In ancient times, having a birthmark on the face was tantamount to disfigurement. In the North Vietnamese country where appearance is generally valued, such a child with impaired appearance, let alone a male and female, will not marry well even as a daughter. With Ji Xiyan like this, in the eyes of the master of the Ji family, he is completely a worthless son.

But it is said that a tiger's poison does not eat its offspring, although the master of the Ji family treated his mother and son badly because of Ji Xiyan, he would not abuse them either. Because even though life was not good, Ji Xiyan grew up in peace.

It's just that the world is unpredictable. The master of the Ji family died of a serious illness a year ago. The young master of the Ji family inherited the family business as a matter of course, and after finishing the funeral for the master of the Ji family, the first thing he did was to drive Ji Xiyan, mother and son out of the Ji family.

At first, the mother and son still had some money and belongings, so they found a small yard to rent. It's just that there are expenses every day, and it will definitely not work without income. Ji Xiyan couldn't go out to find a job because of her status as a woman, so she could only rely on Ji Xiyan's mother to help people starch and wash clothes to earn some money.

More than a month ago, Ji Xiyan's mother contracted a cold. They spent all their savings trying to treat her. Coupled with no income, he soon became penniless.

Ji Xiyan came out to look for a job after her mother recovered from her illness, but she shook her head when she saw the marks on his forehead. Especially for those who knew his identity, they were afraid that the eldest young master of the Ji family would cause trouble, and they would avoid him even more.

After Wu Qinghe and the others learned of Ji Xiyan's identity, they were also a little worried. After all, the Ji family is a wealthy family in Fuyuan County, and they are somewhat related to the county magistrate. I am deeply afraid that the young master of the Ji family will come to make trouble.

Yang Fan was not worried at all. Before opening the firm, Pei Ningyuan took him to visit the county magistrate. He still understands the reason why Qianglong doesn't overwhelm local snakes, so he gave a small gift, and Pei Ningyuan helped. Even if the Ji family came to him, he would not be afraid.

Seeing that Yang Fan didn't care at all and looked confident, Wu Qinghe and the others felt a little relieved. It seems that the boss has his own ideas, so they don't have to worry about it.

But although Yang Fan is not afraid of the Ji family making trouble, it doesn't mean that he really doesn't care about it at all. The next day he found out about the incident, he invited Pei Ningyuan to drink and told him about Ji Xiyan.

Pei Ningyuan has been paying close attention to Yang Fan since he was working on the restaurant. While the launch of the hot pot surprised him, he was not worried that Zhiwei Restaurant would steal the business from Yakeju. According to Yang Fan, Yakeju is engaged in high-end consumption. The dishes are exquisite, with various styles, delicious but also represent high prices. Yakeju has been in business for more than five years, and has its own fixed consumer group in Fuyuan County, so there is no need to worry about Zhiwei Restaurant stealing his business.

It was the first time to eat hot pot, and Pei Ningyuan was full of praise. Wanting to maintain the cooperative relationship with him, Yang Fan also generously told him that chili and Chinese prickly ash can also be used as spices in dishes. After returning, Pei Ningyuan asked the chef to test a few dishes. Although everyone's acceptance of spicy food is not high, there are still a small number of people who fell in love with this taste after eating it. In general, it still brings a little benefit to Yakeju.

Therefore, although Yang Fan also opened a restaurant, it didn't affect the relationship between the two at all.

【End of this chapter】