Chapter 126-130

Chapter 126 Ji Pei's engagement date

   The weather this year is abnormal. In April, after a heavy rain, it suddenly became hot. The sun in the sky seemed to be roasting people, emitting intense heat. Entering the fifth month of the lunar calendar, after the summer solstice, the weather is even hotter than the scorching summer. Because it was too hot, Yang Fan and the others had already escaped the summer heat in advance, and the

temperature in the villa was relatively cooler if they could stay in the villa without going out, especially when surrounded by mountains, the villa was also lined with green trees and flowing with clear springs.

And after Ji Xiyan and Ji's mother lived in Jinxiu Villa for nearly a month, the matter of Pei's family finally settled. Pei Ningyuan didn't want a penny, so he left Pei's house with his brother Pei Ningyu. The first thing Pei Ningyuan did when he left the Pei family was to ask Pei Ningyu to come to propose marriage to Ji Xiyan. After negotiation, their marriage was finally set on the tenth day of September, the second day of the Double Ninth Festival.

While Pei Ningyuan was happy, he was a little dissatisfied when he was impatient. It's only May now, and he has to wait for four months. It's too long!

But Mother Ji insisted that this day was an auspicious day she had chosen from the great monk of Longquan Temple. Getting married is a major event in life, no matter how anxious you are, you have to wait for me! Besides, how could four months be so long? It will take at least three or four months just to prepare the dowry!

Although the future mother-in-law looks kind and gentle, she is still quite dignified. Even if Pei Sanshao didn't want to, he had to wait obediently.

After the wedding date is set, the couple is restricted from seeing each other. Pei Ningyuan felt sorry for the future Zhengjun, and seeing the hot weather, he let Ji Xiyan and her son live in Taohuazhuang. Peach Blossom Village had already been transferred to Ji Xiyan's name by Pei Ningyuan on his birthday, and now it belongs to Ji Xiyan, and he lives there with his mother, which is justified.

After setting the date of marriage, the man will give the dowry. On this day, the entire Fuyuan County was boiling.

Even though the weather is hot, many people are worried because of the abnormal weather this year, but none of these can affect their mood of watching the excitement.

Some time ago, the two sons of the Pei family left the Pei family, causing a lot of trouble, and almost the people in the entire county knew about it. As the richest man in Fuyuan County, the Pei family received a lot of attention. The master of the Pei family was a romantic figure when he was young, and there are often rumors about his romantic affairs. His third son, Pei Ningyuan, is also the subject of frequent discussion among the common people. Everyone knows that the third young master of the Pei family is a Wen Kua son who plays with cats and dogs, and loves to hang out in the place of fireworks.

Even as ordinary people watching the fun, they could tell that the Pei family's master liked the eldest son Pei Ninghai. This ordinary family doesn't value the distinction between concubine and concubine as much as the family members. Even if the Pei family is the richest man in Fuyuan County, it's just a little bit unpleasant. So everyone speculated that the property of the Pei family was probably inherited by the eldest son, and the two sons had to stand aside.

So when it was reported that the two sons of the Pei family were going to be kicked out, everyone was not very surprised, but they all commented that the Pei family had done something unethical. It is said that tiger poison does not eat its offspring. Although one only knows how to play and the other is sick and has not lived for a few years, after all, he is his own son. It is really rare to be kicked out of the house like this.

Pei Dashao, who contributed the most to Pei Ningyuan and Pei Ningyu's departure from the Pei family, saw that the rumors were really bad, so people spread rumors that it was because his younger brother Pei Ningyuan was too absurd. This time, he wanted a female man to be the rightful ruler, and the old man was so angry that he vomited blood and fell ill, and that's why he was kicked out of the house.

While everyone was still discussing the authenticity of this matter, this third young master Pei actually proposed marriage to a female man. It's just that the shock of the young master of the rich family marrying a female man as the king is not as shocking as the dowry gift from the man.

In ancient times, dowry paid attention to even numbers, and there was no regulation on how much it must be, and it was divided into items and gift money. The goods are grains, sex and various daily necessities, and the gift money depends on the man's family status. The betrothal gift of ordinary people is a pair of chickens and ducks, plus a few catties of pork, and the gift gold is six taels or eight taels of silver. If the family is good, the gift money will be given more.

In Fuyuan County, rich households gave betrothal gifts, and the goods were naturally much richer, as well as heavy items such as gold and silver jewelry, real estate and land. Just seven or eight years ago, the daughter of a wealthy family in the county married to the county mansion. The bride price given by the man at that time opened the eyes of the people of Fuyuan County. Let's say that there are two boxes of gold and silver jewelry, and the most important part of the dowry is the ten bricks. One brick represents one hectare, fifteen acres of land, and ten bricks is one hundred and fifty acres. Ten taels of silver per mu of fertile land is 1,500 taels! In comparison, the gift money of ten taels of gold was not enough.

But the glamorous betrothal gift that made the people of Fuyuan County talk about it for several months was not as good as today's one.

How much dowry did Pei Ningyuan give? The people in Fuyuan County, dazzled by the shining box of gold, have no intention of counting. It was only after listening to other people's counting that I realized how exaggerated the betrothal gift was.

Let's talk about the gift money first, eighty-eight taels of gold, all bundled into one tael of gold bars, with the word Double Happiness printed on it. One tael of gold and ten taels of silver, ordinary people may have never seen gold in their entire lives, let alone so much golden gold at one time. In addition to gold, there is also land and real estate. A brick represents an hectare of land, and a tile represents a house or a shop. Pei Ningyuan's dowry included ten tiles and twenty bricks.

In addition, there are also important medicinal materials such as bird's nest, ganoderma lucidum, and ginseng in the dowry gift.

Accompanied by the thundering gongs and drums, this grand dowry set off from Dongle Street in the county seat, and headed out of the city with gongs and drums all the way. The remaining people in the county discussed excitedly. In addition to their extreme praise and envy for the dowry, they also expressed their disbelief that Pei Ningyuan had such a wealth.

It is unbelievable that the Pei family who received the news, especially Mr. Pei who was recuperating in bed, even spit out a mouthful of blood when he heard the news.

This kind of betrothal gift is not to mention Fuyuan County, even if it is placed in the county government, it is surprising enough. And Pei Ningyuan, who can afford such a dowry gift, is self-evident. Everyone called Pei Sanshao a good-for-nothing, yet he managed to earn such a fortune without anyone knowing. The poor Pei family was completely covered up, even those who got wind of it couldn't imagine that he made so much money. Of course, the most pitiful one is Mr. Pei. The useless son who thought he was incompetent turned out to be a business genius. Unfortunately, it was too late when he found out that this talented son had already been kicked out of the house before that.

Of course, if he hadn't already left the Pei family, how could Pei Ningyuan show off so much?

Yes, Pei Sanshao did it on purpose. On the one hand, the solemnity of the betrothal gift represents the importance attached to the "wife"; on the other hand, Pei Sanshao, who has held back for more than 20 years, also wants to take this opportunity to vent his anger. If it weren't for the fact that ordinary people's betrothal gifts couldn't exceed the limit, Pei Ningyuan would like to give more, anyway, he, Young Master Pei, is rich!

Pei Ningyuan even thought viciously, it would be best to make Pei's family's best products so angry that they would get sick!

Looking at Pei Ningyuan with Erlang's legs crossed and hiccupping face, Yang Fan was very helpless: "You are almost fine. If you are too eye-catching, don't stick to the Pei family again." The

gentle and elegant young man beside him also shook his head helplessly. , looking at the arrogant Pei Ningyuan dotingly: "Brother Yang is right, third brother, you should be more cautious when you are about to get married."

This handsome man who looks a little frail is Pei Ningyuan's second brother Pei Ningyu . Everyone thought that Pei Ningyu was weak, and that he was able to survive in the chaotic backyard of Pei's family and finally escaped because he was protected by Pei Ningyuan's mother and son. But I don't know that Pei Ningyuan can achieve today's achievements, a large part of the reason is because Pei Ningyuan is behind him as a military adviser.

More than a year ago, Pei Ningyuan took Yang Fan to meet Pei Ningyu, and the two immediately became confidantes after they talked. After getting to know him better, Yang Fan was convinced and felt sorry for this amazing and talented Second Young Master Pei. Pei Ningyu's talent is not in business. He has profound knowledge and superb literary talent. More importantly, he has an extremely keen political sense and has his own unique insights on many things. Even if his business talent is not as good as that of Pei Ningyuan, it does not prevent him from giving Pei Ningyuan some very useful advice on business.

Pei Ningyuan often said that if his second elder brother had a healthy body, he would definitely become a famous person.

Yang Fan fully agrees with this. Pei Ningyuan's talent, if he becomes an official, can definitely become a powerful support for the superiors, and his success is just around the corner.

But the premise of all this is that Pei Ningyu's body is not as weak as it is now. Yang Fan and Pei Ningyuan feel sorry for him and are not reconciled to him, but Pei Ningyu himself is very indifferent. He didn't blame others or resent the injustice of God, but accepted the reality calmly, and lived every day of the rest of his life calmly and cherishingly.

Pei Ningyu's every move is so calm and calm, and he is quiet and leisurely in everything he does. His attitude towards life has also affected the people around him, the most influential one is Pei Ningyuan, otherwise Pei Ningyuan would not let the Pei family go so easily, but just chose to leave.

"But he must be unwilling, right? It's just because of Ziming, so he didn't show it." It's fine if he is a mediocre person, but God gave him such a talent, but he didn't give him a healthy body. . After the engagement ceremony was completed, Yang Fan returned to the villa and couldn't help sighing with Lin Mozhu.

Hearing the deep concern and pity in Yang Fan's tone, Lin Mozhu's heart sank, and a terrible thought came to his mind: Could it be that the person that Brother Yang likes is actually Second Brother Pei?