Unstoppable

Warren studied the map closely, ignoring the shouts from outside. Two figures made their way inside the royal tent by the training grounds. The king glanced up as Alissa and Kovas joined him, standing on opposite sides of the mapped table.

"How is the training going?" He asked his guard. Kovas did a quick nod, along with a thumbs up. The king chuckled then turned towards the knight.

"Have you figured out the formations, sire?" Warren shook his head.

"Not fully. I wanted to ask for your input. Both of you." The two waited for him to explain further. "I was thinking that the archers could stay back, on this side of the battlefield." He pointed at a hilled spot on the map.

"And the swordsmen?" Kovas chimed in.

"Possibly, more to the front. And then have the ones with shields in the very front, for protection."

"Maybe, if we move this battalion over by this mound, they would be able to provide cover. Then again it might run the risk of us having a blindspot." Alissa added.

"It's worth a shot." Warren spoke quietly, contemplating. The guards glanced at each other before looking back down at where the king now pointed.

"Here." He mumbled.

"You're not saying.." Kovas started before Warren shot him a look.

"It's our best bet. He's capable of doing it. Plus, they'll never see him coming." The king smiled slightly, finding the final perfection for his plan. Hesitantly, Kovas agreed as Alissa watched with concern.

Once he was done training, the red-eyed orc made his way to the royals' secret hideout. When he arrived, the king was already there, waiting. He ran his hands through his hair before looking up at the half-orc beside him. Mash sat down next to Warren with a grunt.

"They aren't fighting." The pink-haired creature spoke quietly. Warren watched him, confused.

"Who?"

"My friends. Nessa and Ronan. No matter how many times they try to convince you, don't let them fight."

"And why can't I? It's my army."

"Warren, please. I can't lose them. They're like my family. I don't want them fighting alongside me. I want them to stay and protect the forest." Warren looked up at the orc's pleading eyes.

"Okay. I'll make sure they stay back. You have my word. Your family is my family." He smiled as Mash relaxed.

The woman crossed her arms as she glared up at the half-orc. Behind her, a dark-haired man watched, trying to process what he was told.

"What do you mean we can't fight? Ax, I'm not letting you go alone." Nessa asked, bitterly.

"It's not safe, besides-"

"Oh so it's safe for you to go and get yourself killed, and yet not safe for us? This is blasphemy!"

"Ness, please just hear me out." Mash tried to calm her down, but to no avail.

"Why should I? This is a death wish." She spat out. The orc sighed, rubbing at his arm.

"I need someone to watch over and protect this forest. I need you two to do that." The stubborn girl sighed, annoyed.

"Neither of us are allowed to fight, is what I'm hearing?" Ronan chimed in. The orc nodded.

"I don't want to see you hurt, plus you know me. I can win this for us, so that the forest is always protected." Mash smiled, nervously.