Call Them Brothers

Warren, now enraged, started the battle again, rushing at his father. Seraph tried to hold him off without hurting the man, but Warren refused to give up. The other soldiers joined in and began to attack the opposing army once more, fighting with all that they had. Seraph, growing impatient, shoved his son backwards.

"Warren enough! I don't want to hurt my own son."

"Then you should have thought of that before you left me. You really thought I wouldn't hate you for that?!" Warren cried out.

"I know, and I'm sorry but-" Before he could finish his sentence, a glimpse of pink caught his eye. When the god looked over, he recognized the orc instantly. He could never forget those blood red eyes, the sharp tusks or the scar across his nose. After all, he was there when Mash earned that scar.

------------------------------------------

Seraph glided over the battlefield, dodging as the enemies shot their arrows and weapons at his wings. A large orc chased after him, sprinting to keep up.

"Get back here Seraph, I'm not done with you!" The orc shouted.

"Trust me Mars, you are not prepared for this fight!" The god yelled back. A young half-orc watched from afar as he crawled under the legs of the warriors. Once he escaped the crowd, the child stared as his father grabbed one of Seraph's wings, pulling him down. Seraph spun in the air, breaking free from the orc's grasp.

"Don't forget. You may have started this war, but I win every battle. I am the god of war, I do not lose." Mars growled out. Reluctantly, Seraph dived down to fight back against the war god. Mash broke out in a sprint, trying to reach his father in time. As he was running, a soldier caught him by the back of his shirt, yanking him over. The young orc struggled against their grasp, refusing to be caught.

"Stay out of this, child. This is no place for you." The man spoke calmly.

"But I have to save my dad!" The man holding him sighed and let go.

"Be safe, nephew. I don't want you getting killed." The half-orc looked up to see a familiar face. He grinned up at the brunet.

"Don't worry Uncle Samuel, dad trained me real good. I've become a big strong fighter. I can take these guys any day." The god of peace chuckled at Mash's words before flying off and letting him defend himself. Turning back to the battle, Mash picked up his spear and rushed at the soldiers who were trying to sneak up on his father. He fought swiftly, ducking under their attacks. Taking note of his tactics, one of the soldiers swung at him, and right as Mash ducked down, the soldier spun quickly, kicking the orc in the face and breaking his nose. Mash stumbled backwards, feeling the new gash on his face. He looked up at the soldier who was going for another attack. The half-orc sprinted towards the woman and slid down between her legs, jumping up behind her and piercing her armor with his weapon. Once he had an opening, Mash sliced through the hole in the armor that he made, causing her to fall to the ground. He froze in shock, thinking over what he had just done. Slowly coming back to reality, he looked down at his shirt, now with small splashes of blood sprayed on it. Mash looked back down at the soldier's body, a smile forming on his face. It felt wrong, but he couldn't stop.

------------------------------------------

Warren sprinted quickly past the battle scene, racing after his father. Seraph ignored his yells and flew after Mash as the orc fought against enemy forces. The god didn't care if the orc was on their side. He was dangerous, and Seraph would prove it. Mash did whatever he could so that he wouldn't kill the enemies, he would only injure them.

"Do it. Kill them." The orc's eyes widened, panicked. "It's a war after all. That is when you are at your best, isn't it?"

"No, I'm not doing it. Not again." He growls out, trying to escape the firefight.