My Heart is Buried in Everden

The old deity sat down on his makeshift bed. He leaned over in pain and picked up one of his shirts, which he then used to wrap around his wound to stop the bleeding. The winged man looked at his gold-stained hands and winced at the sight. He hadn't seen this much blood since the war against Mars. After he was banished from his kingdom, Seraph flew out of the window, only to fall and catch himself right before he hit the ground. He walked the rest of the path towards his cave hideaway.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the backstabbing god killer." A glitched voice boomed out. Seraph looked up quickly, being met with a demon floating in front of him, crossing all four arms behind his back. "Hello again Seraph." The former king glared at him.

"I'm the backstabber? You threw my secret out to everyone like it was nothing. You are the traitor here." He growled out only to be matched with a laugh.

"Listen old man, I hope that you are counting your days. You may be the god of time, but you have also killed a fellow deity. You are hated by everyone who has ever met you. It matters not to me where you stay. I will always find you."

"What do you want from me?"

"I want to kick you off your pedestal."

"And how do you plan on doing that? I'm not held up there anymore." Garroth looked down at the man's wing, the only one left. With a smile he teleported in front of Seraph and ripped off his last remaining wing. The god of time yelled out in pain, falling over onto his stomach.

"Sorry Icarus, but it's about time that you fall back down to earth. You flew too high and it looks like your wings have burnt off." Garroth wiped the blood off his hands as Seraph winced, looking up at him.

"I thought gods weren't supposed to kill each other." The man hissed.

"And yet you've already broken that rule haven't you? I don't care what path you choose, because for me, the fact that you still breathe after everything you've done is enough reason for you to be slain. You should feel the pain that you've caused. Doesn't that sound fair?"

"You've hurt people too."

"I've already paid the prices for those. Plus, you've committed far worse crimes than I have."

"Like what?"

"You know very well what I mean, old man. Or have you forgotten about all of your past families, including this family that just kicked you out? I've done terrible things, but most of the time it's to people who deserve it. You do terrible things to the people you love, for no reason at all."

"I have reasons!" Seraph shouted out.

"And that would be?" The older deity thought for a moment, before realizing he never had a legitimate reason behind his actions. He looked back at the god of life and sighed.

"That's what I thought. Well, it was nice catching up, Seraph. Have fun being flightless. And, I was being serious when I said to count your days." Worried by his words, the god of time watched as his ally disappeared into thin air.

---------------------

Shaw stood frozen in place, staring at the home in front of him. Tears welled in his eyes as he tried to choke them back. Isaac glanced over at his new friend and smiled at the reaction.

"Does this work for you?" Shaw nodded, watching his family begin to move in.

"Are you sure this is okay? I wouldn't want to trouble the king."

"He loves helping those in need. He thought the idea would be great. Don't worry." Shaw smiles, then turns to Isaac and pulls him down into a hug.

"Thank you for helping me, even though we were enemies for a bit."