The King's Past

Waving at the friendly faces, a young man with pale blonde hair made his way through the town. Every once in a while he was stopped for a conversation. He enjoyed the talks, but it was quite tiring keeping up his lies. As he approached the castle, he quickly looked around making sure nobody was around. Once the coast was clear, he snuck inside the castle, shrouding himself in a veil, disguising himself as the kingdom's ruler. He greeted the staff, as well as the royal family. After he sat down on his throne, a servant stepped into the room, bowing before him.

"My lord, the young man that fled here after his exile wants to speak with you. What would you like us to do with him?" The 'king' thought for a moment.

"Tell him I shall meet him over on the mountain, I have something to speak with him about as well." The servant nodded and rushed off back to the knights.

The curly-haired man climbed up the mountain, reassuring his guards he would be safe. Reluctantly the guards walked back down to the kingdom. The king turned to the young man waiting at the top.

"Theseus my boy, I've heard how all the villagers have come to love you." Theseus smiled at his words and bowed to the king.

"No more than they love you, King Lycomedes. I was told to meet you here, I wanted to discuss something with you." Lycomedes chuckled at the man in front of him.

"I can see right through your facade, boy. You shall not take control of this kingdom. The villagers may like you but I, on the other hand, do not trust you. You will only bring pain and tyranny." Theseus looked at him confused. Realizing the king wouldn't give up, he spoke out slowly, realizing he was caught.

"Whatever do you mean, your highness? I would never want to overthrow you. I only came here so I could escape my old home." Lycomodes could sense a different meaning behind his words.

"Well then, I believe you've overstayed your welcome. And to be quite honest, I never liked you anyways." The king picked the young man up by his collar as wings sprouted from his back. Theseus stared in horror, panicking, as Lycomedes flew into the air.

"Are you planning on killing me? You must be out of your mind! The villagers will throw you out if they find out." The king laughed and dropped his disguise, revealing a man around Theseus' age, with pale hair and green eyes.

"Seraph? But you're the god of time! What is the meaning of this?"

"As I said, I never liked you anyways. I saw that in the future, if I didn't dispose of you, you would take over this kingdom and become a tyrant. I'm saving those villagers."

"They'll hate you when they realize what you have done."

"I shall just tell them that you tried to kill me, and so I pushed you off the ledge, protecting myself. They'll believe me and hate you instead." The young man looked around nervously as he was lifted higher in the air.

"So long, Theseus." The god threw Theseus off the cliff, lowering himself back down to the grass and hiding his wings as the scream slowly quieted. Once he heard footsteps approaching, he put his disguise back on with a smile.

As the god stepped towards his seat at the table, the other three glared up at him. He sat down, and looked around at his allies.

"Seraph, just what do you think you're doing? I thought we made it clear. Humans have their own drama to deal with, and we are not to mess with it. It will only cause trouble-" Mars started to speak before the blond cut him off.

"And yet you are allowed to go fight them?"

"That is different and you know this. You get involved in their personal lives, this is not okay." The god of war growled, trying to hold back his anger.