Chapter 13

"What? You don't like it?" She runs her fingers over the lace.

Channel feels a pang in her chest, "take that off."

"No."

"Why? It's not yours."

"So, I like how it feels." Channel huffs pushing past her to unlock the front door.

"You mad at me? Because your man is mine." She turns to look at her and just sits on the couch.

"Says who?"

"Well me, I was trying to break you, but you don't break easily."

Channel ignores her impatiently bouncing her foot.

"My plan was pretty good though."

"Right." The door opens and Grace frowns when she sees Nile.

"What?"

"James showed you know who the tape, we gotta go." She looks at Channel who looks at her blankly.

"After you give me my shit back." She stands up Grace hits her when she reaches for the collar.

Her anger flares and she grabs Grace by the hair, yanking her down as two guys come in and start to arrest the duo.

"Channel." Damon say as he pulls her away from Grace.

"What's wrong."

"She took it." His eyes fall to Grace's neck.

"Garret hold on for a second." He unhooks the collar from around her and then tells the officers off.

"Here you go baby." She smiles hugging him tightly.

"Thank you."

He walks her to her car opening the door for her.

"You should get back to work, I'll see you tonight."

"Okay bye". Channel waves to him.

Grace sighs as reality sinks in, never in a million years had she wanted to hurt Channel. Channel was the only friend she had.

But when Nile threatened to harm her she felt like she had no choice, she would rather lose her this way then to have to sit at Channel's funeral.

Knowing they'll never know the truth was unsettling, but it'll be easier to deal with overtime.

❦ ❦

Garret takes her into the station, and immediately he puts her in a holding cell.

After a while Damon comes in closing the door behind him.

"Damon." She says flatly.

"Grace." Amusingly he pulls up a chair.

"You want to tell me why you said those things to Channel, or do you want to hear it from me?"

She doesn't reply instead her gaze drops to the floor.

"I found out about the deal you two made. If you would have mentioned it to me earlier, you wouldn't be in this cell and Channel would still be your friend."

"I know, I was scared to tell you."

"How come? Was Nile breathing down your neck?"

"Yes, he said he was always watching me."

"Well, now you have two options, plead guilty for identity theft or let me help you."

"Why would you do that?"

"Why not?"

❦ ❦

"I want to ask to move in with you, but I think it's to soon." She tells him, she's tired of leaving here every day to go back to her apartment.

"Whenever you're ready." He grabs a key from the kitchen draw and puts it on her key chain.

"I like that answer."

He combs her hair from her face brushing his lips across her neck, his arm wraps around her waist pulling her to the edge of the counter making her shirt rise up.

"Can I meet your parents?"

"Mhm." He hums against her neck.

"And then you can meet mine." She moans when he nibbles along her neck.

"Damon? Can I take you out?"

"If that's what your little heart desires then yes."

"Really?" She pulls away and he nods.

❦ ❦

"I'm sorry." She says as he stops and pulls away from her.

"It's okay." He unties her wrist and her ankles and she sits up wiping the tear that fell.

He scoops her in his arms and takes her to the bathroom where he runs bath water for her.

"Are you okay sugar?"

"Yes." He doesn't quite believe her answer so he asks her again cupping her face.

"Channel are you sure you're okay?"

"No, um, Grace called me, said she had something to tell me, I-I hung up in her face and now she's in the hospital, a cop beat her, for no reason."

Damon sighs wishing she would have token up his office. "Do you want to see her?" Channel nods.

Damon turns off the water and puts her in. "I'll take you then." She sinks under the water closing her eyes.

Damon leaves to make a call. El's voice comes over the line. "Where are you?" He asks.

"With Grace, she looks, bad, like they barely identified her bad."

"Well Channel wants to see her."

"That's not a good idea."

"Can she talk then."

"Yeah." Damon goes into the bathroom.

"Channel?" He kneels beside the tub.

"Do you want to talk to Grace?"

❦ ❦

❦ PINTEREST: @badglam ❦ TIKTOK: @softnakd

PINTEREST: @badglam
TIKTOK: @softnakd