So what if we're a little odd?

Days turned into weeks, and Fukase only found himself becoming more and more attached to Oliver. They recently exchanged numbers and were planning on hanging out this weekend with Len and Piko. Fukase couldn't wait to introduce Oliver to his childhood best friends; he was practically shaking with excitement at the thought. Especially now that Len and Piko had also made a new friend who had offered to chaperone them.

  It was Saturday now, and Oliver's mom dropped him off at Fukase's house. Oliver had said he didn't want anyone to know where he lived, so Fukase had just offered for him to stay until Len and Piko's friend, Flower, arrived to come pick them up.

  "Hello!" Sachiko greeted the boy as he walked through the door. Fukase went to go hug Oliver, squeezing him tight before letting him go. "Is your mother outside?"

  Oliver looked up at her. "No. She's already driven off."

  Sachiko's smile fell slightly. "Did she not want to meet me? What if we ended up being dangerous people? That's not responsible at all."

  Oliver smiled at her. "Oh, she knows I can handle myself!"

  Fukase looked up at his mom and tugged at Oliver's arm. He could already sense a lecture about to come from her, and he wanted to spare Oliver from that. "Uh, anyway," He pulled Oliver into the kitchen before Sachiko could say anything more. "Have you eaten? You can help yourself!"

  Oliver's eye immediately trained onto the fridge. "Don't mind if I do." He wiggled his fingers nefariously before opening the door and looking around.

  "What's English food like, by the way?" Fukase quipped, leaning on the counter. "I've only ever tried snacks I impulsively bought online, and they were all stale."

  "You bought snacks online? That was your first mistake." Oliver pulled out something unrecognizable, was that mold on there? "English food is nothing special, I don't think you'd like most of it."

  "Uh, Oliver, that doesn't look edible."

  Oliver stared at him. "Don't tell me what is and isn't edible."

  Fukase tried to snatch it away from him. "Oli, I don't want you getting sick before we go hang out with my friends!"

  Oliver held it away from him. "I won't get sick."

  Fukase leaned back and crossed his arms. "Okay then, eat it."

  Oliver ate the thing, package and all, without breaking eye contact with Fukase. Fukase stared, horrified, as the boy very loudly gulped it down and moved onto something else. He grabbed the soy sauce and drank it straight out of the bottle, and Fukase managed to snatch that away from him.

  "My mom will actually kill you, stop that!" Fukase said with a laugh, and Oliver pouted.

  "But Fukase! You said I could help myself!"

  "I didn't think you'd help yourself to soy sauce and- whatever you just ate! Just eat something normal!"

  Oliver glared at him, and Fukase stuck his tongue out. Oliver just turned his nose up. "Fine then! Do you have any meat?"

  Fukase tucked the soy sauce back where it belonged and closed the door. "Um, yeah, but Flower should be here soon so I don't think we'll have time to prepare it."

  "That's fine!" Oliver opened the freezer and took out the chicken, tearing open the bag and grabbing a piece with his bare hands.

  "Oliver!!"

  Oliver turned away and started chowing down on it, and Fukase's mouth hung open. Wow, this guy was disgusting, but it was also kind of endearing? Anyone else would flinch away at the thought of eating frozen, raw chicken or drinking straight soy sauce or eating whatever moldy thing he pulled out from the back of the fridge, but Oliver just ate it all without flinching. He would have to force him to eat toothpaste because there was no way in hell he was going to sit next to him in a car and have to smell that breath.