⎝⎝ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕤⎠⎠

𝟎𝟎𝟔

𝟎𝟎𝟔

♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡

We start walking back the way we came to get an idea as to where the hoard of demodogs ran off to-a clever name Dustin came up with.

"You're positive that was dart?" Lucas asks, walking with Max ahead of us. "Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin says rolling his eyes. I nudge him. "Drop the attitude." I mutter. He sighs and nods.

"He was tiny two days ago." Max says. "Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin continues. "Malted?" Steve says confused. "Molted." Me and Dustin say sighing. "Shed his skin to make room for more growth like hornworms."

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asks. "It's gotta be soon." I answer. "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends." Dustin says.

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats."

Me and Dustin freeze and face palm. "Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?" Lucas asks. "No, what? No." Dustin defends. "What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve continues dumbly. I kick him. "Shut up." I say. He rubs his butt looking confused.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asks. "It's their cat." he points to me and Dustin still not getting it. "Steve!" Dustin yells. I roll my eyes. " I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas says lightly shoving Dustins shoulder. 'We don't have time for this' I think sighing.

As the kids argue, I hear screeching, and I don't think I was the only one. Me and Steve make eye contact as we walk up the hill in the direction of the sound. "Guys?" Steve says. They continue bickering. "Guys!" I yell and they stop. "Listen."

It screeches again.

We all start walking despite Max's worrying. We keep walking, following the odd sound until we make it out of the woods. I sigh. "It's that damn lab." I say. Lucas looks through his binoculars. "They are going home." I have a bad feeling about this. "Let's go." Steve says.

~~~

We walk downhill until we hear voices. I aim my gun and Steve gets in a swinging position. "Who's there?" the voice asks. Wait-

I run out to see Jon and Nance. "Jon! Nance!" I run to them, hugging them tight. "Boy am I glad to see you." I say. "Yeah us too..." Nance says. I lean back and touch their shoulders. Steve and the kids come out soon after. "Steve?" they both say shocked. "Nancy? Jonathan?" He says confused.