⎝⎝𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕗𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕖𝕣⎠⎠

𝟎𝟎𝟕

𝟎𝟎𝟕

♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡
Me, Joyce, Hopper, Jonathan, and Mike are all in the shed standing around Will as Joyce injects him with something and Hopper puts a cloth up to his nose to wake him up.

He gasps awake as he looks around the room confused, slightly squinting his eyes at the bright light in front of his face. He starts to shift around in the chair trying to break free. He grunts, "What? What? What is this?"

None of us answer.

he starts to get more frantic. "What? What is this? Why am I tied up?"

Joyce walks over to him and crouches near his legs. "Will, we just wanna to talk to you. We're not gonna hurt you." She says to him.

he ignores what she says, and continues to question us. "Where am I?" Hopper walks over next and shows him his drawing of the mind flayer. "You recognize this?" He asks. "Do you recognize this?" Will starts to shake his head no.

"Hey. We wanna help you. But to do that, we have to understand how to kill it." Joyce says trying to reassure him. Wrong choice of words.

Will starts to question us again, this time more aggressively. He keeps yelling why is he tied up while shifting back and forth in the chair as Hopper tries to calm him down. The lights start to flicker as his anger rises. Then he starts to yell 'Let me go' over and over as his voice distorts. It's terrifying.

He suddenly starts to get tired and calms down a little. He's breathing heavily. Joyce then gets up from her knees and sits in front of him in a chair.

"Do you know what March 22nd is?" She asks him. He stays silent. "It's your birthday. Your birthday." She emphasizes. "When you turned eight, I gave you that huge box of crayons. Do you remember that? It was 120 colors. And all your friends, they got you Star Wars toys, but all you wanted to do was draw with all your new colors. And you drew this big spaceship, but it wasn't from a movie. It was your spaceship. A rainbow ship is what you called it. And you must have used every color in the box. I took that with me to Melvald's and I put it up, and I told everyone who came in, "My son drew this." And you were so embarrassed." She stopped to chuckle. "But I was so proud. I was so, so proud."

She goes quiet again. I hear Jon's breath shudder next to me as I hold his hand. "Do you remember the day Dad left?" he begins. Will looks over at him. Jon walks over and crouches next to him. "We stayed up all night building Castle Byers... just the way you drew it. And you were so excited to show your friends, especially Lil, because that was the first place you said you wanted to take her after her surgery since she helped you draw it. And it took so long because you were so bad at hammering." We all let out a little chuckle. "You'd missed the nail every time. And then it started raining, but we stayed out there anyway. We were both sick for like a week after that. But we just had to finish it, didn't we? We just had to."