⎝⎝𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕒𝕥𝕖⎠⎠

Start writing your story

𝟎𝟎𝟖

♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡

"It's not like how it was before. It's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there." Hopper says with a sigh. "The place is crawling with those dogs." He continues. "Demodogs." Dustin says. I look at him and shake my head, signaling now is not the right time.

"I can do it." El says standing next to me. "You're not hearing me." Hopper says. "I'm hearing you. I can do it." El replies arguing back. 'Yep, she's been with Hopper alright.' I think with a smirk. "Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." Mike says. "I thought that was the whole point." Max says. "It is, but if we're really right about this, I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the Mind Flayer's army..." "Will's a part of that army." Lucas finishes Mike's thought.

"Closing the gate will kill him."

The room goes silent as we all think of ways to keep Will out of it. We all go to Will's room to go check on him until Joyce remembers something. "He likes it cold." "What?" Hopper asks. "It's what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold." She continues as she walks over to his window to close it. "We keep giving it what it wants." "If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..." "Then we need to make the host uninhabitable." Jonathan and Nancy say. "So if he likes it cold..." Nancy continues. "We need to burn it out of him." Joyce says.

~~~

We all go to do our tasks to get ready to end this once and for all. Hopper helped Joyce take Will out to the car as he gave directions to a cabin in the woods as Jonathan and Nancy followed behind. They are going to exorcise the thing out of Will. Hopper and El are going back to the lab to close the gate. And me and Steve are staying with the kids at the house until this is all over.

Once we watched the cars drove off, the house was quiet, well besides Steve and Dustin putting the Demodog in the freezer for what Dustin called it "preserving the scientific discovery." "All right. It should fit now." Dustin says after he emptied out the Byers entire fridge. Steve stands there holding the dead creature in his hands. "Is this really necessary?" He asks uncomfortable from holding it. "Yes, Steve. It is. This is not just a common mammal you can bury in the backyard, okay? This is ground-breaking valuable research." He replies offended. "All right, all right, all right. But you're explaining this to Mrs. Byers." Steve sighs walking towards the fridge and struggling to stuff the thing in there.

They successfully close the fridge and Steve walks back into the living room with a towel around his neck after washing his hands. I walk over to Steve with a smirk on my face. "Welp, looks like it's you and me babysitting again, Harrington." I tap his arm leaning on him. "Yeah, I guess it is." He says leaning his head on mine. I sigh before walking away to do other things.