Suha

Since I was a kid I always loved animals and their entire reign. I had so many until the age of 7, that we had to move out of our old house, just to be able to give them a better life. Our new home was massive, almost like a villa. I loved it so much, even if it sometimes gave me the creeps. At night every corner of the house seemed dark and evil. Every door and window was squeaking and screaming so bad that I had nightmares for months after we moved. As time went by, I got used to all that and ended up forgetting about the nightmare and everything. Animals were coming every week for a foster home and I always liked to give a hand for every little thing. Some of them were hurt, injured badly or had nothing at all. However, I still had to take care of them until they would get a permanent home. As years go by, my foster house become a good source of income and by the age of 22 I was able to afford to buy this house from my parents who moved away some years ago. At the age of 25, I finally reached my limit with animals, I had between 850 and 1000 there. From small cats to tigers and even 2 albino snakes and lions. One of the snakes was mine: GG, a green anaconda. And the other albino animal was my newborn lion: Suha. He was abandoned by his mother after his birth and the CAC(CARE ANIMAL CENTER) gave him to me to take care and I decided to adopt him, because of the conditions he suffered and the amount of care he needed.

Suha was a very love;y being and the best friend of GG. Somehow they were always together and were unseparable. At first I was scared for Suha, because of the problems that a green anaconda might have caused to him.(he was allergic to some animals). They grew up together. But unfortunately, GG died because of the other foster anaconda. However, the circumstances were strange but I believed it was something unfortunate.

GG was a male and the other, Kifa, was a female and 3 times his length. After his dead, Suha was very sad and depressed. I thought I might lose him too. But with lots of hope and prayers he made it and now was happy again.

However everything started three weeks ago. I had only 10 animals on foster because most of the others were adopted or taken to a zoo in our city.

I was playing with Suha on the bedroom, when I heard a squeak from across the house. I thought it might have been one of the animals, but then I remembered I did not have any home. I decided to ignore the sound and continue playing with Suha, whose paws were messing up the bed. He was so cute that I almost forgot about the sounds, until 3 hours later, in the early evening, when I heard them again. I was scared. My heart stopped at the sound of them and my spine was attacked by shivers. But this time also, I decided to ignore them and let the time go by.

As I was waking up to give the bottle to Suha, who was sleeping beside me, I noticed a fading light down to the east hall. I knew something was up and felt uneasy. That was leading to the reptile area and they needed light to get warm, but the temperature was always on. And I had no reptile there at the time, so I questioned myself if I forgot that on after I cleaned the zone. However an answer was too late to came, so I decided to see what was happening.

Suha was drinking his milk while sleeping and after petting him a little, I decided to inspect te place. The hall was soundless and chill. It seemed like nothing was truly happening. I turned off the light after inspecting the room and the AC. As I was turning around with the corner of my eyes I saw a shadow moving between two terrariums. I froze. It seemed humanoid. I turned back around and turned the light. There was nothing. Just me in the entire room. It seemed strange and by the looks of it Suha was starting to get impatiend because of my absence, so I ignored everything, blamed my imagination and went to bed.

I did not sleep well that night, or the following ones. I was feeling like I was constantly watched by somebody or something and every time I opened my eyes, nothing was there. Suha was also getting bothered by something. He was used to sleep by my feet, but out of nowhere, he started sleeping right by my head under the blanked and sometimes I could feel him tremble. At first I believed that because of his allergies, he could have had something, but it was not an option for him anymore, as I made sure since he was young to keep him away from every little allergic reaction.