Food

I was running for my life, out of fear and to survive. The only thing that I could feel was the adrenaline burst I had in my veins, the wind in my air and the whole world watching from within me. I could feel my feet running away from my body, my mind flying away and my entire entity just screaming from the deepest roads from hell. I know I was scared and wanted to die, even though it was the last thing that could happen in that moment. The bullets were flying beside me and all around the trees. I was a living target. I had to hide and fast. But the forest was not helping me at all. Every tree I was seeing was the one I saw before. They all looked the same. I got  lost really fast and even the old road I was running down to was far behind me , lost forever. The more I was running the more I disappeared into the thick large forest of despair. I knew that forest forever and I never saw it like that- dark, dangerous and the only thing that could help me . I knew I was going to die there. I knew it was going to be my burial field, my cemetery and my place to sit for eternity.
I was running for hours and hours, until I was able to find a hiding spot at the bottom of a tree. I hid there and sat silent until they all passed me and went further into the darkness. As I was sitting there looking for any movement, with all my soul stretched to its fullest potential I never noticed the smell of rotting flesh. I moved a little to my sides and in the next moment I was down over a corpse. I almost screamed but I had to hold it in. What if they heard me? I would be dead. I tried to move away but the wet soil under me started moving and I fell under the tree. I have no idea how long I stayed there, because the moment I woke up it was noon.
I put my head back down and went to sleep, knowing that I haven't slept like that is awhile. I deserved it.
I woke up by an strange insect crawling along my face, trying to enter inside of my head. The poor thing believed I was also food. I got up in a crouching position because of the low ceiling of the little cave. I blinked for some seconds, trying to get my eyes used to the darkness of the "room". Beside me a human foot, rotten and full of maggots was laying. Near it a hand, a bone and an entire body rotten to the core of it with nasty insects devouring its essence and soul. I looked around for an exit from that place but it was nowhere to be found. I remember falling inside but the exit was covered. That was the moment I realized that somewhere on top of me some hunters were walking and searching for me, trying to kill me and get me to that place.
I started to explore the little cave, even if I was hard to move because of my stiff body, my injuries and the fall. The body was still lying there looking at me with its dead empty eyes. I felt sick to my stomach and vomited nothing but liquids. I haven't eaten in some days but I still wasn't hungry. That feeling was long lost and probably would have never kicked back unless my eyes started to transform the body into a beautiful huge meal. I lost my senses and began to salivate to the huge almost gone body full of nasty creatures. I started eating it.  The smell was awful. The taste of human flesh made my senses go back to their ancient times. It was disgusting yet delicious.The more I ate, the more I felt sick and vomited everything, but I was already far gone. I became an animal, a creature with no senses, a thing with no emotions, eating and regurgitating everything back. I have no Idea for how long this process lasted, but after some time there was nothing else left of that poor body but bones. I looked at it in disgust with myself and the body
It is your entire fault, I said. Why would lay around here looking sooo tasty. The bones were sitting still and I was getting into the darkness of my head....
I lost the sight of the body long ago. I was somewhat lost into this endless cave. I lost the memory of the sun and the feeling of wind. I walked beside the dead for several days into total darkness. Maybe walking in circles or ever in a straight line, I had no idea. My legs almost lost all their strength. My muscles hung themselves and lost all their working benefits, my arms were almost useless , The only parts of me which became more and more useful were my eyes. They got along with the darkness of the cave and every shadow become their friend, my friend. The feeling of being watched by many made my blood boil and my huge body in that tiny space sent itself shivers down my spine from this feeling. I was going crazy but I liked it like hell. Somehow I forgot about the haunting and all the danger from outside.
I had no idea for how long I have wondering around that cave but after some time I finally saw a light. I felt the light going down my body sending signals of safety to my brain. My eyes squinted from the strength of the only light source. I started digging into the soil from above to make the tiny opening bigger and bigger until I was finally able to get out. The outside world seemed strange to me. My body was now disproportionate and my arms and legs have longed themselves and because of the lack of UV my body became white. Looking at it I knew that I left behind a part of me, a human one.
I looked around trying to remember every feeling of the outside world. The forest, its sounds, smells and taste on the tip of my tongue. I looked around and suddenly realized: it was night. The full moon was the one lighting the entire space around.
I started walking north, trying to get my body used to the soil and to the nature itself. My hands and legs were somewhat cooperating, even if it was painful to walk and even step. Soon I was able to keep my balance without having to get a tree in my hands. I stumbled across the river and hardly survived its shallow waters.  As I was walking and wandering around my body stopped functioning correctly and I collapsed.
I woke up later in the night. My body was stiff and it hurt everywhere. But somehow something was strange and new, even if I knew that feeling very well. My senses were active and without knowing I got up and my hunger took away all my consciousness. My back curved and I smelled the soil. It was a little wet, it rained that day. Somewhere back in the forest I heard a shot. Humans. My hunters probably.
My feet were running without me realizing it. I was like a wild animal. My senses were stretched to the maximum. I had no idea how I got there so fast. It felt like flying across the forest, across that place that some days ago was almost my grave. However deep down I knew that this state I was in was not a human like one. It was something special, something unique and dangerous. I knew that I had lost myself back then and that a part of me was still trapped there. I knew that all my humanity was lost and would never be found again.
After some more meters I was near the place where I heard the shots. I hid behind some bushes. In front of me were 5 humans. One of them shot the 5th one and this one was bleeding heavily. The smell of blood made me hungrier. My teeth bit my tongue until it was cut off and I could no longer speak. My mouth started opening itself until my lips were ripped apart and a huge smile was the only thing left.
The men did not see me, but I knew they could feel me. I got closer and in the meantime another 2 of them were shot by the 5th one. The air was filled with the scent of fresh blood. This made my stomach twist itself and want more, for that feeling of nausea and vomiting and for the loss of my humanity.
I got closer and closer until I was right behind the 5th human. I wrapped my hand around his foot and dragged him down and back into the bush. The other 4 were or to unconscious to notice or to surprised to see that he disappeared. I bit his throat and ate his lower body and stomach. It was delightful. After I finished him until all he remained were bones in seconds. I attacked the other 4. This was for their hunting for making me their pray, for killing my family and my pack. For wanting me dead.   It was a thanks for helping me become the one I am now.
I got out from my hidden spot and the second I saw the 3 of them laying on the ground full of blood it made me thirsty. I got them and sucked their blood until it wasn't even a drop left in them. I put them behind me and looked at the 4th one. He was scared as hell. I smiled at him and he screamed. I was trying to be nice, WHY WAS HE SCREAMING?? He tried to run, but I was too fast for him. I catched him by his foot and hang him up in the air. The terror in his eyes made my heard flutter. I devoured him and the remaining parts were taken back to my Cave. Now they were all my FOoD. MiNee.