FOUR

THEY hiked out to a meadow not far from the castle-like-lake house. Padme watched Anakin and Elia sneak glances at one another the whole time. Halfway out to the spot Padme told them about, the Senator realized she had forgotten something. This something was not specified by Padme but she told Elia and Anakin to carry on and that she would be back. The woman also told them not to worry and that she'd be just fine on her own.

So the Padawan's were left alone again, sitting on a large blanket in a meadow. Anakin laid on his back, hands under his head and his eyes closed. Elia sat crisscrossed with a book in her lap. The blonde girl shut her book with a sigh, Anakin peeked his eyes open.

"What is it?" Anakin asked her, moving to sit up. Now noticing a small shiny tear running down Elia's cheek.

"My book— It ended so... beautifully tragic." Elia looked down at the book in her hands, running her fingers over the spine.

"What was it about?" The Skywalker questioned, Elia looked up at him almost in surprise. "What? You've been reading that book since we met, I'm just curious of what it's about." Anakin scoffed at her surprised face.

"It's about a man and a woman who were forbidden to fall in love, and they did." Elia began to explain. "It was against everything their families and friends stood for and they did it anyways, because they believed their destiny was written in the stars." She smiled fondly, Anakin's eyes scanned her smiling face, as he tried to engrave it into his brain.

"What happened next?" Anakin asked, now curious.

"They died, a double suicide, so that they could be together in a place where their love wouldn't be forbidden." Elia revealed the ending, Anakin blinked at the girl.

"All because they loved one another?" He asked her, Elia nodded.

"Love is a very powerful thing. Powerful, but dangerous." Elia quoted the story. Anakin was quiet for a moment as he laid back down.

"It sounds much like the Jedi council." Anakin compared the story to their lives, Elia let out a dry chuckle. "I think they're all just too scared to fall in love." He admitted, shrugging as he tilted his head to look at Elia, who looked down at him. The sun illuminating her hair, making her glow.

"And you're not?" Elia laughed, shaking her head at his confidence. "I'm done talking about this, it's too serious for me." She sighed, finally putting her book down. Elia leaned over Anakin's face with a mischievous grin.

"Nothing good comes from a smile like that." Anakin muttered, his face scrunched up as he looked up at her through the bright sun. Elia opened her mouth to quip back, but Padme came sitting down next to her. Elia snapped her body upright again to see her friend.

"You're back. What did you go back for?" Elia asked the Senator.

"I forgot the book I had been reading." Padme revealed a book in her hands with a smile. Anakin rolled his eyes at the two girls and their books.

They sat in silence for a long time, but not long enough before the sky started to turn gray and a light rain began. The beautiful day Padme had spoken of was now withering away. Elia felt the raindrops and suddenly got an idea. Anakin sat up as she began to run away, sharing a confused look with Padme. "Go after her, I'll take everything back to the lake house. R2 and my handmaiden will take care of me." Padme urged the boy. Anakin smirked as he too now stood up and chased after Elia.