Chapter 8

3 weeks later...

Dennise and Alyssa got along. Hindi na sila gaano nag babangayan. Napag-aralan ni Alyssa kung paano hindi maasar kay Dennise pag sinumpong ito ng kadaldalan.

Si Dennise naman ay wala paring pagbabago sa pagiging maingay at mataray. Parang nanay na ang dating niya kay Aly. Dahil narin siguro sa loob ng tatlong linggo ay nakilala narin nila ang isa't isa.

Kadalasan isinasama siya ni Alyssa sa pinagtratrabahoan neto dahil ayaw ni Alyssa na maiwan mag isa si Dennise.

As for Alyssa's friends, bumalik na sila sa Philippines without knowing about Dennise. Alyssa didn't bother to tell them. Baka may makarinig pa sakanila at may makaalam kung nasaan si Dennise.

After ng party incident sa apartment niya, hindi na nagpakita ang tatlo kay Alyssa, they texted her why they're coming back to the Philippines without saying goodbye but still they're talking to each other. Exchanging messages and giving their hi's and hello's.

Today is Tuesday and Alyssa's quite a late for work. Late na siyang nagising kanina. She didn't sleep well from last night.

Si Dennise naman ay maagang nagising. Like what Alyssa's rule number two, wala siyang choice kundi ang pagsilbihan siya. She needs to serve Alyssa in order for her to stay at Alyssa's apartment and to hide herself from Luis. Pabor naman ito para kay Drnnise dahil simple lang naman ang pinapagawa ni Alyssa.

Dennise got some informations from her friends. She knew na pinaghahanap parin siya ng egg headed na yon. She also knows na hindi susuko ang mga 'yon basta basta hanggang hindi siya nahahanap. That guy was so obsessed to Dennise.

As Dennise daily routine every morning, she cook their breakfast. She prepared some bacon, toast bread and a cup of coffee for her boss Aly. Nakaligo na si Dennise at nakabihis narin. Alam kase niyang may work si Alyssa ngayon kaya isasama nanaman siya ne'to.

"It's 8 am in the morning. I thought her work starts at 7:30 am? Bakit hindi pa siya lumalabas ng kwarto? Okay lang kaya siya?"

"Alyssa! Aren't you late for work?! It's 8 o'clock and you're still there! Baka mattaffic tayo. Lagot ka sa boss mo!" Sigaw ni Dennise kay Alyssa habang naglalakad siya papunta sa pinto ng kwarto.

On the back of the door, Alyssa's a little bit struggling about something. Hindi na nga siya nakatulog ng mabuti kagabi tapos hindi pa siya makapag isip ng tama ngayon. She's now sitting at the edge of the bed. Thinking what the hell is wrong with her and balancing everything what she feels inside her.

"Come on Alyssa! You're late for work and you're still sitting you're ass down. Hindi ikaw 'to. Hindi ikaw 'tong tao na 'to! You know yourself. Hindi ganito kalambot ang puso mo. Bakit ba nagkakaganito ako?" Alyssa said as she curls herself at the top of the bed. Napasabunot nalang siya sa buhok niya.

She's all dressed up and ready to go pero dahil sa may gumugulo sa isipan niya ay hindi siya makalabas labas sa pinto. Knowing that behind that door, there's someone waiting for her.

Flashback

Alyssa's body is deadly tired. She was so exhaust from work. Marami silang binilang at chineck na stocks kanina. Ginabi na sila ng uwi ni Dennise dahil sa sobrang dami ng trabaho. She wants to take a rest and get some good sleep kase bukas ay may trabaho ulit siya.

Alyssa saw Dennise, quietly sleeping. A sudden sweet smile formed on Alyssa's lips seeing Dennise's precious face. Wala na kase silang barricade sa pagitan nila kaya she can freely see dennise sleeping beside her. Minsan nga nagigising nalang silang magkayakap, which made it too awkward for them. She then feel some kind of an odd feeling when she stared at Dennise.

Alyssa's heart change its beat. Bumilis ang paghinga niya. Bigla siya kinabahan kaya she stood up and went to the kitchen for a glass of water.

"You're not helping Dennise. You're stressing me. Please stay out of my mind." Alyssa's trying to compose herself before going back to bed.

After niya uminom ay bumalik narin siya kaagad. She didn't look at Dennise this time. She needs to shrug it all off out of her mind.

"No. You're not feeling that Alyssa. You're just tired and sleepy. Nothing more and nothing less. Wala kanang dapat na isipin pa. That's it okay. Just close your eyes then go to sleep. Just sleep." Alyssa instructed herself.

She then closed her eyes and was about to sleep because it's already 2 am in the morning but her mind has its own world. There are so many thoughts running in her mind. Some of Dennise images flashing through her sight. The latter's voice that echoes through her Alyssa's ears. Parang mababaliw na siya sa kakaisip.

"I said no okay. It can't be. I'm not in love. You are not in love Alyssa. Siguro, infatuation lang 'to kase nasanay ka sa pag aalaga niya. She's so annoying and mataray.....tapos she's beautiful. Sexy pa and caring. She's every man's dream...what?! Ano 'tong mga pinag iisip ko! Never akong magkakagusto dito sa madaldal na 'to. Not even in my wildest dreams! Stop thinking about her. Get out of my mind Dennise!" Alyssa's battling with her mind. She can't take it anymore.

That's why Alyssa decided that starting tomorrow, she'll distance herself away from Dennise. To avoid hurting herself and hurting someone.

End of Flashback

Dennise was about to go to their room ng bigla itong nagbukas. Alyssa got a little bit caught up when she nearly bump Dennise but what makes it harder for her is, her face is an inch away from Dennise who's standing in front of her. She was froze in that very moment.

"Alyssa? Are you okay? Wag kana lang kaya pumasok ngayon? I'll call Jhoanne if you want. I'll tell her you don't feel well. You look pale kase. Ayos ka lang ba?" Dennise said with concerned eyes. She placed her hand on Alyssa's forehead to check if she's sick and move it to her neck. She's a doctor anyway, so she knows what to do.

Hanggang sa hinawakan siya ni Dennise sa pisngi. Checking her temperature. This caused Alyssa to be back at the reality.

"Get away from her Alyssa!" Alyssa's mind instructed her but it was too late for her to get away.

It's like everything went to slow motion when their eyes met. Alyssa got frozen still. An awkward silence fill the room.

"Uh...I guess, we should go." Dennise broke the dead air between them.

"Uh...De-Dennise. I-i ne-need t-to go. Di-dito ka nalang mu-muna...ka-kase ma-malayo ang bra-branch na pupun-pupuntahan na-namin. Wag...wag kang mag-magpapapasok ng kahit si-sino dito...ha-ha? Lalo na pag hi-hindi mo ki-kilala." Alyssa said while stuttering. Iniiwas niya ang mga mata niya sa mga mapanuring mata ni Dennise.

"Sure ka?" Dennide ask.

"Yeah. Aalis na ako. See you at dinner." Alyssa said then she rush outside the apartment door.

Dennise got dumbfounded when Alyssa walk pass through her. She can't understand why Alyssa's acting so weird. She's been avoiding her eyes and for the second time, Alyssa left her alone at the apartment.

Medyo nalungkot siya kase hindi siya isinama ni Alyssa. "Sus. Palusot ka. Baka naman mang bababae ka lang. Bahala ka nga sa buhay mo Valdez!" Galit na sabi ni Dennise after changing her clothes.

Mag isa siyang kumain ng breakfast. First time niyang hindi makasabay kumain si Alyssa. She felt a pinch in her heart habang kumakain siya. Alyssa's been so weird.