Part 2: New Friends, Old Enemies

INT. CASTLE - DAY

Prince Bowser sits alone in his castle, staring at his draft notice for Vietnam. He is visibly upset and angry, but he knows that he has a duty to serve his country.

BOWSER:

I can't believe this. I'm the prince of the Mushroom Kingdom, and now I have to go to war?

But despite his anger, Bowser knows that he has no choice but to fulfill his duty. He takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself.

BOWSER:

Well, I may not like it, but I will do my duty. I will serve my country and protect my kingdom.

FADE TO BLACK.

INT. MILITARY TRAINING FACILITY - DAY

A montage begins, showing Bowser going through basic training and flight school to become a fighter pilot.

We see Bowser running through obstacle courses, doing push-ups and sit-ups, and learning how to handle a variety of weapons.

We also see Bowser in flight school, learning how to fly different aircraft and completing simulated combat missions.

Throughout the montage, Bowser is determined and focused, pushing himself to the limit to become the best fighter pilot he can be.

FADE TO BLACK.

EXT. SKIES OVER VIETNAM - DAY

Bowser and his wingman, Gru, are flying through the skies over Vietnam in their fighter jets. They are on a mission to take out enemy targets on the ground, and they are focused and determined.

Suddenly, they are fired upon by enemy anti-aircraft rockets. Bowser's jet is hit and begins to spiral out of control.

BOWSER:

Gru, I'm hit! I'm going down!

GRU:

Bowser, hang on! I'm coming to get you!

But despite Gru's best efforts, Bowser's jet crashes into the dense jungle below. Gru manages to escape, but he is worried about his friend and wingman.

INT. JUNGLE - DAY

Bowser is lying in the wreckage of his jet, dazed and injured. He struggles to free himself from the wreckage, and he is filled with fear and concern.

BOWSER:

I have to get out of here. The Viet Cong could find me at any moment.

Bowser manages to free himself from the wreckage and begins to make his way through the dense jungle, hoping to find safety and rescue.

FADE TO BLACK.

INT. JUNGLE - DAY

Bowser is still trapped in the wreckage of his jet, and he is starting to lose hope. But then he has a sudden flashback to a happier time.

FLASHBACK TO:

INT. NAVY BAR - DAY

Bowser and Gru are sitting at a bar, enjoying a few drinks and shooting pool. They are laughing and having a great time, enjoying each other's company.

BOWSER:

Gru, you're not going to beat me at pool. I'm the best shot in the military.

GRU:

We'll see about that, Bowser. I may not have your size, but I have skills.

They continue to play and joke around, both of them happy and carefree.