Chapter 4

Alexis/Danielle’s POV

Haa~ finally, the party’s over.

I can’t believe I met and talked with the novel’s young villainess, Lady Priscilla Vernessee.

That girl looks so cute, argh, maybe because she’s still a kid. I wonder how did she become so evil..

Anyway, she’s currently 15 years old, I’m 3 years older than her then well there’s nothing to worry really, it’s not like we’ll meet again, right?

the next day...

“Ha.ha.ha.”

“M-my lady, are you alright?”

Am I alright? AM I ALRIGHT??

This morning a letter arrived for me, yeah, FOR ME. It has the seal of a wild cat on it, and whose seal is that? Of course, we all know whose house's seal is that.

Why? Why? (Bitter smile)

“The young lady of House Vernessee wishes to take Lady Danielle of House Coriel to be her knight.”

Yeah, fucking fuck of a fuck.

“Can I refuse?” I said trembling, a Duke is the second powerful right after the Royal Family so I should really not refuse cause that would put my family in danger but-!

“Unfortunately, the Lady says that if Lady Coriel refuses to grant her wish she'd stop eating, drinking, moving and worse even run away from home.”

What the fuck.. am I hearing things right? That just sounds like a kid’s way of threatening someone to get what they want, more of a brat—just what the fuck is happening in this world.

Ha, I’ve been cussing a lot today.. can’t help it.

“In short, you can't refuse sister” my brother said with grit.

He’s mad, of course, I who only had my debut yesterday is called by the highest ranking noble in the empire and I couldn't even refuse.

My father haven’t said anything and he and my brother look so lifeless.

Yeah, I’d feel the same too.

The Duke and Duchess is so fond of their one and only daughter that they’d give up everything just to give their daughter her needs and wants.

The main factors why she grew up to be a spoiled brat.

If I refuse they’d definitely do things in a harsh way.

Sigh

I stood up and straighten my back.

I see, I have no choice.

“I’ll do it.”

“Sister!” “Dear!” My brother and father said at the same time, I can’t blame them.

They love me so much but I love them more.

“I’ll be okay Father, Brother” I said assuring them.

Telling them through my eyes that this is the best thing to do.

“Ha, It’s not like we have any choices. Do we?” My father said, giving up.

I nodded in response and smiled.

“Just be sure to take care of yourself, sis.” My brother said, he's close to crying.

I laughed and hugged them both.

“I am Danielle Coriel, no one can ever hurt me.”

They both smiled and we hugged again.

— a few minutes later...

I’m done packing and is ready to go, I can’t believe it. I thought I’d be living peacefully in this life, but guess, I’m not.

“My lady, if that Lady Priscilla tries to harm or insult you. You can just knocked her out” my maid said giving me a thumbs up.

I laughed and patted her back.

How could I, a mere daughter of a count, knock out a Duke’s daughter?

“Yeah, yeah. Take care of Father and Brother, okay Bethy?” I said, she nodded and hugged me.

“It’s a pity I couldn’t go with you, my lady” she said and started to cry.

I patted her back again, what am I gonna do with this cute little maid of mine?

After a while, the carriage from the Duke’s house arrived to pick me up.

I really can’t believe it, I was so happy because I’m just a background character, something like that. But now, everything have changed.

As what I can remember in the novel, it started when Priscilla was 10 years old when she got engaged with the crown prince, 8 years after that is when Priscilla comes of age and the main event happens.

The meeting of the prince—the male lead and the female lead took place right in Priscilla’s birthday banquet, now that I think about it, that was so cruel.

Even though it’s just a novel, it no longer is. Because I'm inside of that novel and I'm heading straight to the villainess’ house.

Anyway, I have no plans of getting myself involve in the main characters story flow. So, all I have to do is do well on my job as a knight and left the Dukedom when the main event took place.

Yeah, that’s it.