Chapter 5

“My lady, please be careful not to trip!”

“My lady, that’s dangerous. I beg you to stay away from it.”

“No, my lady!!”

“My lady, you must eat in order to be healthy. You’re the crown prince’s fiancee and obviously the soon-to-be crown princess.”

“My lady”

“My lady”

“My lady”

ARRRGGHHHH!! I’M SO TIRED OF IT! HOW IS SHE SO FAST AND STUBBORN?!

Ha~ yes, I’m still the same Danielle Coriel but right now I wish I’m not.

“Dani, I’m hungry.”

I looked pass over my shoulder and saw Lady Priscilla sitting on the ground— wait, SHE'S SITTING ON THE GROUND?!

“MY LADY!”

She just laughed and even rolled in the dirt.

I can’t do this anymore, are villains born to be this stubborn?!!!

I walked closer to Lady Priscilla and picked her up from the ground.

So light..

She’s so light for a 15 year old girl and too small as well, even though she’s the villainess I can’t let a young girl lack nutrients.

“Let's go my lady”

“Huh? To where?”

I looked down at her.

“It’ll be dinner any minute now.”

She tilted her head, looking confused.

I opened my mouth again and said, “Can I carry you, my lady?” she flinches and looked left to right as if she’s checking if there’s someone around.

“Uh.. alright..”

I smiled and carried her in a bridal’s style— my right hand holding her shoulders and my left hand under her knees, holding her tight making sure she doesn’t fall down. I saw how shocked she is and how red her face have become.

“W, what are you doing...?” She asked and immediately covers her face with her small palms, I can see her red ears.

“My lady has been running around the garden. As your personal knight, it is my duty to make sure you do not exhaust yourself too much.”

“H, huh?!”

I chuckled to her response.

I've only met Lady Priscilla a week ago and yet it felt as if I’ve known her for a very long time already, being with her is... comfortable.

———

“My lady, it’s time to go to bed” I said as I approached lil Lady Priscilla after I did her bed.

We entered her room a while ago after she finished her dinner and now she’s sitting outside in the balcony looking at the stars.

She must have felt lonely now that her parents are away for some business matters and that she even ate alone this time.

“Time flies so fast, indeed” she said without looking at me.

It’s weird.

I don’t know if it’s just me or... sometimes it feels like Lady Priscilla is too mature for her age and she talks like an adult too, not really suitable with her age.

or... uhmm, maybe I’m just thinking things too much.

I swirled the shawl around her neck, the one that I picked up on the way.

“It’s cold outside, my lady”

She glanced at the shawl I put on her and then smiles.

...?

Her smile is not that of saying thank you, but it was as if she knew I’d do it.

Anyway,

“Let’s hurry inside my lady, it’s getting late”

“Is it?” She asked.

I nodded in response.

“Alright”

She stand up and started walking towards inside and lay down on her bed. I watched her for a while and closed the door to the balcony.

I approached her bed and watched as she closes her eyes.

She’s still pretty even when she’s sleeping.

After a few minutes, I left her bedside and hurried inside my room— the maid’s room and finally fell asleep.