Chapter 12

Priscilla's Point of View

It has been days since I went out with Dani, I heard that she got into trouble saving a brown haired girl.

Sigh..

“She’s just as charming as she’s always been.”

I couldn’t help but be amazed again, she just keeps on making things that are not commonly seen. Helping people on the streets even though she’s not in any way affiliated with. Such kindness.

“But... brown haired girl? In the commoners’ ground?” Just seem like a very familiar description to me.

It feels like I know something but at the same time I also don’t, my head is aching from all this thinking.

I massage my temple when I heard a knock on my door, although my head’s aching, I think I can still manage to welcome a visitor.

“Come in.”

The door opened bringing in my parents, my eyes lit up after knowing that it was them. Like a kid I rushed to hug them both.

“Father! Mother!”

My mother hugs me as tight as it could ever be, and my father brushes my hair with his tender smile.

“I missed you so much, darling.”

“I missed you too, mother.”

I feel so relax with their presence, I offer them a seat and asks my maids to bright some refreshments.

“What brings you both here, aren’t you both busy?” I said as I sip on my tea with milk, which is quite the uncommon. I learned this from Dani before I even went back on time, it was weird at first but then I just suddenly found myself enjoying it.

“Well, there’s an important event coming.” My mother said and look at my father.

My father smiles and look at me, and said. “Don’t think like we have forgotten."

Ah, I know it.

“There’s still a few months left father.” I said, I don’t actually need a lavish or grandiose celebration, I just want to spend my day together with the people I care about.

“Oh, darling. It could never be enough to prepare for your best day.” My mother said, pouting.

I left out a giggle on my mother’s reaction, no wonder my father fell for my mother at first meet.

“Yes, and that is why we invited a small group of people.”

The door open as soon as father finishes his sentence.

Well, I don’t think this is the ‘small group of people’ because they don’t even come close to the description my father gave.

I just sigh as a response.

I couldn’t do anything after all, I also want to do what makes my parents happy. I know how much they love me, and I love them more than they do.

–––

The day spent with me planning everything for my debut together with my parents, it was supposed to be planned by them and I’ll choose the one that I fancy but I insisted to be the one to plan everything.

After everything has been settled, my parents told me to take a rest as they are very sure that I am exhausted from all of the planning I did.

I won’t lie, I really am.

“My lady, your bathe is ready.”

Hearing my maid, I immediately got up from my bed and is about to enter the bathroom when I realized that I haven’t seen a certain someone for the whole day today.

“Matilde, where’s Danielle? I haven’t seen her today since morning.”

“My Lady, Danielle spent the whole day in the training grounds. If my speculations are correct, she might be taking a bath now and will be heading here after.” Matilde explains.

I just nodded in response and entered the bathroom.

After taking a bathe, I sent Matilde out and plopped down on my bed after. I really am tired, I thought I wouldn’t be.

“My lady, you cannot sleep with your hair still wet.” A husky low voice suddenly spoke and I feel all my sleepiness fade in an instant.

I turn my head around to see Dani in the balcony leaning towards the wall beside her.

I can feel my heart beat fast, why does she have to stand their looking like a masterpiece?

“Where have you been?” I ask.

She smiled and walked towards me, “I felt like my sword’s getting rusty so I used my free time to train.” she said and pull the chair in front of my mirror, signaling me to sit down.

I sat down and watch as she take the towel off my neck, I can feel her hands on my shoulder, I am wearing my nightgown after all.

She smiles as she dries my hair using the towel, I can’t help myself but fall for her every time I see her, and every time she does things like this one.

“Dani, what do you think of Countess Brouniel?”

“I think that she is brave, bold, and is not afraid what other’s may think of her.”

Countess Brouniel is one of the latest controversy in the high society, it have been known that she is in an intimate relationship with a woman, and a maid that is.

“Do you think she should be punished?” I felt her hand stopped moving for a second.

“I am only a mere knight, I do not think that I have any authority to decide what to do with the Countess.”

“Hmm... I’ll accept that.”

“Lastly, is it wrong for a woman to fall in love with a woman too?”

I watch her as she finishes drying my hair and put the towel on the the desk, she held both of my shoulder and look at me from the mirror.

“My lady, there is nothing wrong in loving. It may be uncommon, it may look different, but it doesn’t change the fact that it is the same love. For me, it is not wrong, the only time that it is wrong is when you’re hurting other people or yourself.”