Chapter 9

“Greetings, your highness, Mikhail Von Dutchyrbuv.”

“I see you’ve arrived, my lady.” He says as he stand up and walk towards me.

I wanted to step backwards but that would make it look so obvious and evident that I do not like him, they might even see it as an insult to the imperial family.

He takes my hand and planted a kiss on it. What a relief that I was able to calm myself and not slap him, I am trying my best to restrain myself at this very moment.

“How have you been, your highness?” I asks.

“Why talk so formally with me, Priscilla?”

“Your highness, you are the prince of this empire. I would not dare to talk formally to you.”

“Well, if that's what you want then, but I would still talk to you like how we have always been.” My eyebrow raised hearing his words, he still believes of the ‘friendship’ we made when we were kids when I know full well he only did it to get close to my family, and as a naive kid, a kid who knows nothing, I agreed. Though, all of those are over now.

I faked a loving smile, “Yes, if that is what your highness would like to do.”

And he flash back a smile as a reply.

Later on, he started talking about his adventures, actually more on bragging about his ‘victories’ that I know are not his. It’s a long story but we will get into it soon.

–––

“Well, that will all be for now, My Lady.”

“Yes, your highness. Thank you for gracing me with your presence, you will always be welcome whenever you want to visit again.” I said, more like spitting lies.

He smiles, and a again took my hand to plant a kiss on it.

I want to wipe it as soon as possible but it would again, be seen as an insult.

Sigh. Dani have not even kissed the back of my hand before, and yet he dare kiss it first?!

“Lady Priscilla, your eyebrows are about to connect with each other.” suddenly I heard a voice and I feel like all my systems have calmed down.

I turn my head to see Dani smiling at me, her bright and charismatic smile makes me feel better, I could not help but smile too.

“You look prettier when smiling.” she said.

Again with those random praise from her. I can feel my face heating up.

“Shall we proceed on your afternoon walks?” she asks as she stretches out her right hand to me.

Oh, I did not realized the time.

I love to take afternoon walks in my garden as it calms me whenever I see the sun setting, it reminds me of my past life, the day that I met her and the day I fell in love with her.

“Would love to.” I said as I reached her hand.

––

flashbacks..

“Let go of me! Who sent you?!” Priscilla says as she try to get out of the man’s grip. She could not see their faces as they are wearing masks.

“The more you resist, the more you will hurt, my lady.” The man holding her said.

“Arrrrgh!! Let me.... Go!!!” she still tries her best to get out but she can feel that the man have already tied her up.

The tie was so tight it feels like it would carve in to her delicate skin.

“What time did the master say we will present her to him?”

“Before sundown that is.”

She could hear them talking.

She could feel fear all over her body. She’s so scared for what will happen to her after sundown. Will she die? Is it the end of her life? Will she never see her family? Did she do too much bad things for this to happened?

Her head filled with thoughts interrupted by a loud bang coming from the large window, a figure made their way inside the room through that large window, breaking the glasses off.

Seconds after the loud bang, Priscilla opens her eyes to see a tall woman with long black hair holding a katana. In a split second the man with masks were taken down one by one.

After killing everyone, the woman walked towards Priscilla, scared, Priscilla closed her eyes but she was surprised when she hears a soft voice.

“You do not need to be scared, My Lady. I’m here.” those reassuring words made Priscilla look up and meet the eyes of the woman who saved her.

She has a warm smile, if one just ignore the blood that are covering some of her face. Her hands are full of callouses but it doesn’t feel scary for Priscilla, rather she’s amaze of how this woman took down all the bad guys by herself.

Unconsciously she reached out the woman’s hand and just a few seconds she heard her parents calling her.

Her parents have taken her from the hands of the woman who saved her, the moment she look back the woman was still there smiling at her, and she couldn't understand why does her heart beats so fast and why does that woman looks like a masterpiece even with those bloods covering her, she looks like a dream together with the setting sun behind.

end of flashback.

A.N.: I realized that this is the longest chapter I've written for this novel so far, well, it is actually to compensate the many months I didn't dropped by. Hope there are still people reading this T^T. I'm really sorry I was gone for so long 🙇🏻‍♀️