Chapter 8

Priscilla’s Point of View

The prince, my “fiance” is on his way to visit me. Why bother though? I don't get him at all, ever since I went back in time, I did nothing to get his attention, I even tried to stop the marriage proposal but sadly I could not because I went back in time a lot late.

And what makes it even more harder is because it was an order from the emperor disguised as a simple marriage proposal between close friends, yes, my dad and the emperor are close friends. I can not see the reason nor even think one that made the emperor chose me as the prince’s fiance.

Yes, I am the (almost) perfect lady to stand next to him but I don’t want to. I used to before everything that had happened in my past life, but that was BEFORE. I don’t like him a bit, I loathe him.

Staring at nothing, a gentle touch of a finger brought me back to reality.

“Ah!” I flinches and quickly turned my head, and saw someone, I sighed in relief. It’s her.

“I thought it was someone else. Why are you here, Dani?” I asks.

She gave me a smile and took a step forward, now, we’re standing side by side.

“I heard the prince will be paying a visit, are you not the least excited about it, My Lady?” she said and I feel her turn her head to take a glance at my reaction.

I looked at her and then lowers my head, “I don’t know, Dani, I really wish he would not visit me or talk to me anymore..” I whispers as I rests my head on her shoulder.

I really do, how I wish I could just make him forget about me, and the emperor too and everyone.

After saying those, I heard nothing from Dani. I see that she stopped asking questions thinking that she might annoy me but, I never and would never find her annoying though...

We stayed like that for more minutes just feeling each other’s soft breathings, and enjoying each other’s company.

How I wish we could stay like this forever.

But, what a wishful thinking.

Another more minutes and Dani finally broke the silence, talking as if she had finally remembered something.

She told me about what the head maid told her, I just gave her a bitter smile. After that, the maids started rushing inside my room and showing me different kind of dresses, Dani went outside to guard the room.

I just picked the most plain and undecorated by jewels, I do not wish to look like I am trying to impress him. And I hate those kind of dresses, they are heavy.

After dolling me up, they have all opened the door of my room and have made themselves out.

I stepped outside and saw Dani, ”Dani..” I called her, almost whispering.

She smiled and walk towards me, "Lady Priscilla..” she paused as she extends her hand to me, I put my hand on top of hers and look at her eyes. She was looking at me still with a smile, “You look pretty” she said.

I could feel my blood rush to my face so I covered it with my left hand, as she’s holding my right hand.

I heard her laugh. Dani’s been having fun teasing and seeing me blush, not that I do not like it. It’s just, I didn't expect this..

”My lady”

I stopped as I heard one of the maid’s voice, I look pass my shoulder and saw one of my maids with her head down.

”What is it?” I asked.

Without looking she answered me, and I could feel my veins almost popping out of my head to hear what she said.

”The prince have arrived”