Chapter 6

Days passed quickly and Lady Priscilla is already 17 years old, she had also gotten taller in the time that I’m her personal knight. And she’s around my shoulder already. Although if you can recall at my coming-of-age banquet she was as tall as my neck and now she’s at my shoulder it’s because I grew taller too.

Because, how am I not supposed to grow more when I kept on running around chasing her?

Enough with that, anyway,

I’m so proud of myself, it's my first time to ever take care of a kid although I’m only her knight, I also take care of her sometimes when the maids aren’t around.

A year from now on is when the main event will take place, somehow I feel kind of sad for Lady Priscilla but weirdly enough she’s—

"Dani! I made you a flower ring!"

—not even the slightest in love with the prince.

And it’s also weird that I feel kind of relieved?

I can see Lady Priscilla run towards me with the flower ring she have in hand, “Here!” She handed me the ring, and of course I took it.

But before I could take it, I saw her hands.

“Lady Priscilla!”

“Huh? W, what’s wrong?” She ask confuse.

I snatched her hand and I was right, she wounded herself creating this flower rings. I sighed and took a handkerchief out of my pocket and wiped the blood and dirt in her hand.

“Dani..”

“Lady Priscilla, I really appreciate your effort on making this flower rings but to see your hands like this, I just couldn't bring myself to touch them” I said while still wiping her hand.

“B, but.. I made this for... us” She whispers.

I looked at her in the eye, she’s so close to crying. I chuckle, over the years I served Lady Priscilla I found one of my weakness and that’s when she make those puppy eyes to make me agree on things I clearly said I won’t.

“That’s not what I mean,” I said as I finished cleaning her hand, “Those rings are just too precious that I feel like I am not worthy enough to even think of touching them.” I said with a smile.

Her face brighten and she took a ring from her pocket and wear it.

“Tadah!” She said showing her hand with the ring on one of her fingers. “Now, wear yours or I’ll get mad!” She said threatening me cutely.

“Alright, alright. I surrender”

“Yehey!” She took my ring and put it in my finger.

“You happy now?” I ask.

“Of course!” She said and walked away towards the bench.

“Hmm-” suddenly, I realized something. The ring, did she just put it on both of our ring finger? But, it’s not like she doesn’t know what does it mean to wear a ring in a ring finger or maybe, she’s just playing around?

Sigh, whatever.

Third Person's PoV

“Your Highness, we’re done preparing” a man said with his head lowered not trying to face his master.

“Great, let’s head now” said the master with a grin in his face.

“I’m curious as to what kind of a lady my beloved fiancee have become all those years we have not seen each other.”

The ladies enjoys their time together watching the sun sets again without knowing what kind of dangers will befall upon them the very next time the sun rises.