CH: 11 How it started.

(Celeste POV)

From the look on Ji-Cheol face, I regretted asking the question. He didn't precisely look comfortable wanting to discuss it, but he didn't look like he was going to back down from discussing it. I didn't want him to be forced, and I didn't want him to feel like he needed to discuss these things with me.

I wanted to know how far he was willing to go with wanting to know me and if he needed more time to be ready to talk about himself with me. Then why should I talk about myself with him? I didn't want to push him into a corner, but I was hoping he would drop it and not bother bringing it up.

I was surprised when he decided that even though, from the looks of it that this topic made him feel uncomfortable, he was still willing to talk about it.

"You know, I didn't have a normal childhood. My childhood was very different from others. I would have wished to have a normal childhood. One that I would have been able to talk about with no problems, but that wasn't the case." He said, shrugging his shoulders as if he was trying not to let it bother him anymore. The way he cracked his neck to focus on anything else showed that he did feel a little something about that.

"My family setting was different. Have you ever heard about some churches being cults?" He asked. I nodded my head, knowing what he was referring to.

"And how sometimes people who live in those church groups, on the land, and people who are a part of that group end up having children?" He asked me. I thought about his question before I nodded my head, letting him know that I have heard about that and understood what he was referring to,

"I was one of those children, see the thing is. I was born in Taiwan, and my mother was Korean, but my father was not. He was a Chinese man who ended up moving his cult from China to South Korea, To Taiwan. Which is where I was born." He said, not making eye contact with me; he looked like he was hesitating about what else to say. Again, I was going to tell him that he didn't need to continue this, but before I opened my mouth to speak, he spoke.

"My mother met well. I can't call him a father, but she met him in South Korea. He had opened a church and was out with other members to help him be able to recruit more people. To live in the area where the church would be and to have them be a church member. He brainwashed her. Whatever he wanted her to do, she did it. No questions asked. She would do anything for him. Yet, she wasn't the only one. Other members as well, he made sure of it. It's crazy how one person can brainwash so many people, but it happened, and they did so many horrible things for him. The men would even let him sleep with their wives and children they brought along." He said with a disgusted tone in his voice.

"It was horrible and disturbing to learn about, especially when you were unaware of how different life was outside those walls. Growing up, thinking the behavior and what you saw were normal. They were his minions if he wanted someone dead. They did that, and if he wished to have someone as his, they made sure it happened." He said; a disgusted look was seen on his face, but if I were looking at anything else but him, I would have missed it.

"So, when my mother came across him in South Korea, she left her friends, her family, her job, and her love one and moved into the church; when the church decided that they would move to Taiwan, she went along with them." He said, letting out a humorless laugh.

"He had many children with many of the cult church women members. The number of half-siblings I have is just extremely crazy." He said, shaking his head.

"He had his sons set up as child soldiers. Well, that's another name for children who kill. I watched some of my half-siblings have to do things they didn't want to do just because he demanded it, and if they didn't wish to do it, it was considered going against him." He said in a low voice.

"I remember when I was younger, for the first time, somehow I managed to find a radio and could listen to it; we weren't allowed to have radios, TVs, or anything electronic. We weren't allowed to have anything from the outside world, as it would be considered as something that would corrupt us." He said. I stayed quiet. To say that I expected him to tell me about his past would be a lie.

I thought he would joke about things or not talk about anything. I thought he would tell a phony story or something with comedy to pass the time.

He didn't do that, from the tone, the look on his face, and how his demeanor changed. He was telling the truth. He was talking about his past, and for some reason. I wanted to comfort a stranger for the first time in my life.

But I can tell he didn't want to be comforted now; instead, he just wanted to finish the story and feel that he could do it.

"Being able to listen to that radio changed my life, it was an English station, and it was the first time I heard Christmas music." He said, chuckling.

"I remember how enchanted I was by the Christmas music, it was something I had never heard before, and I found myself wanting to hear more, different songs and what this whole Christmas thing was." He said, shrugging again.

"Then, I learned about Christmas miracles and kept hoping for one. To be out of this place, I didn't want to be there. I knew what was going on; I knew that the grownups were weird, and all of this was a bunch of brainwashing. I wanted out; I wanted to run away. So, I made a plan to do precisely that. I prepared all my things to make sure I had everything I wanted to take with me. I didn't care to take any of my brothers or sisters with me because I wasn't sure if my half-siblings were overly brainwashed. I couldn't take that risk." He said. I nodded my head.

It's true; that would be a tricky situation. Especially if you don't know who to trust, you could try to run away with one of them, and then the next thing you know, one of them could have set you up.

"But something happened when I was trying to leave. I witnessed a group of people come in. It was the swat team with the police. They came to arrest him and the rest of the leaders. They were taking the children away, but I managed to escape. I had nowhere to go, just my bag and some of the things I managed to take. While on the streets, I somehow managed to save someone's life. Not knowing I saved a skilled assassin from being killed, I was doing what was natural to me. He took me in, raised me as an assassin, and ensured I had a proper upbringing with education." He said with a smile on his face.

"He didn't force me to decide what I wanted to do. I had the choice to pick anything, and him training me to be a great assassin was more like him training me to protect myself as one." He said.

"So you decided to stay as an assassin instead of being anything else? Didn't you feel like maybe something normal would have been better for you?" I asked him.

"Hmm, I guess it's just the devil, you know." He said.

"Is he still in your life?" I asked him.

"No, he ended up dying naturally, which was good. He only killed people who had hurt or killed others, people who were evil, cruel, and horrible human beings, which is what I do. I don't take any jobs of killing someone innocent." He said, looking at me.

"I've told you my story. Now, what's yours?" He asked.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Not us getting deep and personal now. What do you Dolls think of Ji-Cheol past? What do you Dolls think Celeste's past is going to be like?

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu