1

Chapter 1 Crossed
Tang Xin lay on the hospital bed, feeling pain all over her body. Every time I exhale and inhale, my lungs hurt, and every time I say a word, my throat hurts.

She had just passed her twentieth birthday, but her long hair was already grey.

"Master, hold on, the pharmacist will be here soon. You will be fine." Her apprentice, who studied medicine with her, suppressed tears and comforted her.

Tang Xin raised her hand with difficulty, rubbed her apprentice's head, and said slowly, "Little idiot, the most powerful pharmacist in the entire Federation is lying here. I don't know if the doctor is good or not?" The

apprentice pouted , retorted, "Didn't the master always say that doctors don't heal themselves? I hired the second most powerful pharmacist in the entire Federation. Maybe it will work. No! It's not maybe, it will definitely cure you!

" It is often said that medicine can never cure a disease." Tang Xin tried to raise her hand, imagining that she would lightly tap her stupid apprentice's forehead as usual, but found that she couldn't lift her arm with all her strength, so she had to give up and comforted her softly, "My problem is What was brought out of the womb is terminally ill. I can live to twenty, thanks to my own medical studies and tasted all kinds of herbs. But, people always have limits. I can continue to develop new prescriptions to make myself live for two more years, damn it I still have to die." The

apprentice couldn't help but burst into tears, and cried, "Master, what will I do if you die? I was born with poor genes, only E-level, and my family thinks I'm ashamed. Get out. If I hadn't met you, I would have frozen to death and starved to death outside. You are such a kind person, you will definitely live a long life!"

"I started studying medicine by myself when I was eight years old, and I have been living outside alone since I was fifteen. Walk around. You are sixteen years old, you are such a big person, and you still can't take care of yourself? It's really useless for me to teach you." Tang Xin made a serious face on purpose, and rambled, "The notebook I left for you, read more when you have time. Look. Learn a few more prescriptions, and keep more powders around for self-defense. Be smart, keep an eye on everything, and don't trust others."

After talking for a long time, Tang Xin was tired, so she stopped to rest for a while. She knew she was dying, and she took it easy. The only thing I can't worry about is this stupid apprentice. Although the difference is only four years old, the difference in mental age is too much.

Genes are ranked as s, a, b, c, d, e, f from high to low. Most ordinary people are c-level. And she was born with the lowest class f, and was terminally ill.

When the parents think together, this daughter must have a short life, so don't spend too much affection on her, so that she won't be too sad when she dies in the future. So she was sent to other planets since she was a child, and she was left to fend for herself. The couple had several healthy children again.

She has understood since she was a child that her biological parents are unreliable, who can count on whom?

She has always been cold-hearted, but after encountering a similar twelve-year-old child, she couldn't let her go. Not only was she always with her, but she also made an exception to teach her medical skills.

"My parents don't care about me for a long time. I haven't lived a good life. You are too used to relying on me. After I leave, I will gradually get used to the life without me, and it will get better..." The consciousness is getting more and more blurred , Eyelids are getting heavy. Tang Xin closed her eyes and gradually let go of her hands.

"Master!" The apprentice hugged Tang Xin and cried bitterly.

The second most powerful pharmacist in the entire federation rushed over, but he sighed in vain when he realized that he was already late.

The apprentice held back his grief and held a funeral for his master. On the day of the funeral, countless people came to see Tang Xin off after hearing the news.

The second most powerful pharmacist in the entire Federation wrote the inscription on the inscription, "Your voice is still there, I will miss it forever. To the most respectable opponent."

Tang Xin slowly opened her eyes, wondering in her heart, she clearly had a fatal disease, how could she still wake up? Only my neck hurts badly.

There was a full-length mirror in the room. Tang Xin went to the mirror to take a look, and found something was wrong. Although she had the same face and age as her, the person in the mirror had black and bright hair and purple strangle marks on his neck.

Looking again, there is an overturned chair next to the place where he woke up, and an untied rope directly above it. Apparently someone hanged himself, but the knot was not tied properly, and the person fell to the ground on the way.

Ghost upper body? Tang Xin hesitated. Suddenly, his head hurt, and many memory fragments appeared in his mind out of thin air.

Tang Xin sorted them out one by one, and finally understood what was going on.

The owner of the body is also named Tang Xin, twenty years old. This world is similar to the interstellar environment she is in, but the original owner is luckier than her, having a b-level gene.

The original owner's Tang family is a big family with strict rules.

The family motto of the Tang family: be ruthless or die.

Children of the Tang family who have reached the age of twenty will be given some resources and will leave the Tang family from then on.

When the current family head abdicates, he will pass on all the family business to the best one after leaving home. Others are left to fend for themselves, for better or worse, depending on their own abilities.

But fortunately, all descendants of the Tang family, regardless of their bloodlines, will also receive a gift from the Patriarch when the next generation reaches the age of 20, and will have the opportunity to participate in the next round of competition for the position of the next Patriarch.

The original owner had just turned twenty years old, and she was the daughter of Tang Jingnan, the current head of the Tang family. She was called to pick resources tomorrow, and left home the day after tomorrow.

Although it is a b-level gene, the original owner has always been lazy and neglected to practice. A person who is more diligent, even with a c-level gene, has already become a third-level warrior at the age of twenty, while the original owner is a bit more talented and only has a second-level strength.

The original owner knew in his heart that her father was bothered, not counting his death, he had six wives and more than a dozen children. Among the crowd, she is considered outstanding and has no privileges. Her mother died early, and no one could help her find a way.

The original owner did not want to leave home to live a hard life, but the Tang family ruled that if the offspring did not leave home after reaching the age of 20, they had to follow the arrangement of the owner and lose their freedom.

The original owner was terrified at the thought of someone choosing to stay at home, and finally a girl in her twenties marrying a bad old man in her sixties. She simply hanged herself in the house alone at night, and went to see her mother.

Tang Xin sighed softly after flipping through her memory, she desperately wanted to live but couldn't do it, some people lived well, but they wanted to die. Now those who want to die die, and those who want to live borrow other people's bodies to live, that's fine.

When Tang Xin opened the door, it was already noon, so it should be the day to collect resources. After taking a shower, he changed into black high-necked clothes to cover the marks on his neck, and followed the route he remembered to find Daddy Cheap.

Halfway through, a person suddenly jumped out and hugged her shoulder affectionately, "Eighth sister, are you going to talk to dad about leaving home?"

Tang Xin turned her head and saw that it was Tang Jing, Xingjiu, c-level Gene, a third-level warrior. "En."

Tang Jing quietly looked at Tang Xin with a strange expression, and patted her shoulder to comfort her, "Eighth Sister, I can feel your mood at the moment from your clothes." What are you

wearing? Tang Xin looked down. Isn't it just black clothes, black pants and black shoes? She has been traveling outside for many years, and she is used to wearing black clothes, which is not easy to get dirty.

"I deeply understand that your heart is heavier than going to the grave when you leave home. But the price you leave behind is too high, why don't you consider my proposal." Tang Jing blinked, "My birthday is only three days later than yours. You and the old Dad said, let's choose a place to operate together."

Tang Xin was puzzled, "Can we get together? Is it against the rules?"

Tang Jing patted her chest and assured, "No problem, there has been such a precedent before. When the time comes, our resources will be released. Together, I'll take care of the chores. Eighth sister, you just need to continue to have fun, just like when you were at home. How nice."

Tang Xin raised her eyebrows, calculating. If she agrees, she will be eliminated in the Patriarch competition in advance. No resources, no manpower, living under the fence, what is the difference between that and being at home? At the same time, Tang Jing will have two resources. Compared with the others, Tang Jing had a great advantage at the beginning.

On the side, Tang Jing continued to persuade, "Eighth sister, you don't know. Although it is said that every Tang family child will get a share of resources, but well, it's hard to say how much this share is. Talented like the tenth brother Yes, the sum of the two of us is about the same as what he got. If we don't unite, we will lose."

Tang Xin chuckled, "I can't see that Jiumei still has the ambition to fight for the head of the family? I just want to be safe and sound. I don't want to interfere with my little life."

"As our sisters, we can live a peaceful life." Tang Jing stared at her big watery eyes, "Isn't it great to have a care for each other? "

No need, I like to be alone." Tang Xin refused again.

Tang Jing heard the firmness in her words, and compromised, "Okay, okay, I thought Eighth Sister was like me and wanted to stay together. Then I'll ask someone else."

"Father should be in a hurry, Come back and talk." Tang Xin smiled and left.

A trace of doubt flashed in Tang Jing's eyes, Eighth Sister was so strange today.

If you are afraid of making a choice, wouldn't you wish to see your dad later? He also called her father... She usually yelled more than she did, such as "old man", "bad old man", "playful old man", all kinds of titles. Are you excited today?

As Tang Xin walked on the road, she thought to herself that the way the Tang family cultivated their offspring was a bit cruel, but the manpower they cultivated should not be underestimated. Tang Jing is just a little girl who hasn't left home, but she acts unusually.

Acting like a baby to her on the bright side, like a good sister. But after thinking about it, there is only one position of Patriarch. When two people unite, only one person will be in power in the end, what about the other one? The best result is that Tang Jing has been raising her, so what's the difference between being raised by the Tang family?

In addition, each person is given one share of resources, but how much is included in one share is different for each person. Where did the news come from?

Besides, what if Tang Jing makes a mistake in making a cooperative decision and runs out of resources? She is not in the habit of pinning her hopes on others.

Tang Xin carefully calculated that although her new body had a B-level gene, she was not interested in fighting. Her talent was medical skills. Find some medical books in this world to study, treat people's diseases, and earn money to live no matter what.

It's a pity that the original owner is not interested in herbal medicine. After searching the memory, there is no such knowledge at all.

It would be great if the herbs in the two worlds were the same, and the hundreds of formulas in her mind would come in handy.