EPILOGUE

After a brief honeymoon in Mexico, we all move into my home on the cul-de-sac.

One night, Alice sits the adults and kids down for a family conversation.

"Ahem. Thank you all for joining me tonight. I called this meeting because I see Rowan, Kyla, and Shaun as my siblings." Alice said.

Alice grew up as an only child. It's so heartwarming to see her embrace her siblings.

"The three of you have been more like my dad than my own dad has been. Since you're all in a legal agreement, I think now's the time for all of you to be my dad. Legally." Alice said telling Mason, Eli, and Landon.

I agree with Alice. We are a big happy family.

"Alice, you're right." I said with a smile.

As I glance around the table my heart thumps with joy. But something makes me stop.

Eli sits quietly. Too quietly.

"Eli, what's on your mind?" I asked Eli in a worried tone.

"For us to adopt Alice, we will have to exonerate your relationship with your ex." Eli said to me.

"In layman's terms?" Landon asked.

"We may have a legal battle on our hands." Eli said.

"Mom? Is that true?" Alice asked in shock at me.

Things ended horribly with my ex when he walked out on us. It was so hard on Alice.

Alice's lip trembles as her confidence melts away.

I need to cool this situation. I pat my hands on the table.

"Everyone, it's okay. Let's cool this down." I said.

"We can fight it." Landon said.

"Of course we can." Mason said as Mason's voice booms with confidence.

"It won't be easy." Eli said.

"Love is not supposed to be easy. Those were the words I said to Mom before the three of you proposed." Alice said.

"Your words gave me the bravery to say yes." I said to Alice with a smile.

"Then be brave, Ann. Let's fight for Alice." Landon said to me.

This is the moment of truth. I must do whatever it takes ti gave the men adopt Alice.

"We will do whatever it takes, Alice." I said to Alice.

"There is no price too high." Eli said.

"No confrontation too crazy." Mason said.

"No paperwork too boring." Landon said with a smile.

Alice runs up to the guys and collapses into a hug.

*****

Over the next few months, I fight tirelessly in court for Alice's adoption.

"I won't rest until we're one big family!" I said in determination.

My ex-husband sends a lawyer to fight for him. But luckily, Eli hires the best lawyer in Camden.

Six months, three weeks, and two days after I start the process, Alice has three incredible new dads.

We should celebrate with a huge party hosted by Landon.

Landon throws a block party, and half of Camden attends.

"Dad, you got fireworks!" Alice said to Landon.