In the Moonlight

-insomnia comfort-

I was starring at the sky, it was another one of those nights where I couldn't fall asleep. I was in to much distress that I could sleep any time soon. "Hey Y/N" I turned around and saw my dearest friend, Layla. "Oh, hello Layla! What is it?" I asked as she came closer to me. "I wanted to ask if you'd like to help me with my astronomy study's tonight, there are shooting stars this night" I hummed in response before following her.

Layla bought me out, to the middle of nowhere before getting out her book about stars, some paper to write on and a pen. "I got to document this.." she said in her always sleepy voice. "So, in what way can I help you?" I questioned her and she just gave me a paper "can you write down the amount of stars so you see? You know.. the ones who..fly?" I nodded and began to watch the sky.

"28...

29...

30...

31...

32...

33...

34..."

I continued counting to myself as I noticed Cyno walking with Thignari over the green gras, through the beautiful white flowers. What are they doing here? Isn't it to late to be working now? I thought to myself as I started at them, forgetting to continue counting the beautiful shooting stars. They both seemed to have noticed me and Layla because they came walking towards us.

"What are you two doing here?" Thignari asked without looking tired, surprisingly. I looked into Cynos red eyes, ready to answer but before I could, Layla already answered the question. "Y/N helped me with my astrology research because she couldn't sleep either..." She explained. I nodded before looking back up to see one last shooting star.

Layla starting packing her research papers and standing up. "What time is it even?-" I asked as Cyno spoke into my word. "Late enough for you two to be asleep.". I sighed and looked up again, staring at the beautiful night sky and the moon.

After some time had passed Layla had already made her way back and so did now Thignari aswell "I'll be going then, we meet at the academia in a few days, I'll write you a letter. Goodnight you two" he told Cyno before talking to the both of us. Cyno just nodded as I said 'goodnight' to Thignari aswell.

"Let's go back now" Cyno said, taking my hand and leading me towards the desert. By the time we arrived at his place it was already getting brighter. "As soon as we enter my home, you'll go to sleep" he said, sounding kind of annoyed by my sleepless night. It wasn't the first time that happened, but I never had the opportunity to tell him because he'll immediately talk to Thignari to give me something to help me sleep. Sure, I like that he's overprotective sometimes, but not always. Sometimes I quite annoying tho-

He let go of my hand and pulled me close. "Why weren't you asleep?" He asked, his face close to mine. I didn't say anything, even after he sighed and took me to his bedroom. "Come here" he said, his hand on the other side of the bed. I sat down and immediately got pushed back and was held close by Cyno. "Tell me, now. What's wrong?" A shiver went down my spine, but not one because I was afraid, but because I could feel his breath in my neck.

He hummed, waiting for my response. "I-" I began, it'll come out sooner or later, I suppose. "Maybe..only maybe.. I might have insomnia. Only maybe.." I said while laughing it off as if it was nothing. The next second after saying that a blanked was pulled over us and he held me, really close. "Sleep now. I'll be with you. No matter how long it takes" I smiled to myself before gently leaning my back against his chest, his hands on my waist, holding me close to him.

"You know, Cyno.."

"Hmm?"

"I love you"

A smile crossed his face,

"A love you too. Now go to sleep already."

A/N

·I hope you guys don't suffer from insomnia. Have a good day/night·

ALSO: THANKS FOR 5 READS

Smut in the making rn