Lecture

"............ So you should NEVER eat any random mushroom you find in the wild" Thignari lectured me and Collei. "They looked like the edible ones, tho-" he started but was cut off by Thignari. "Yes. Maybe if you had read the book about all kinds of edible and not-edible foods in the forest, you would have known." He said before a sigh escaped his lips.

"But it already happened.. just, make sure to read the book or take it with you into the forest to check if the food you found is edible" He explained and began to get some medicine, handing it to him afterwards.

"Take this and you should be feeling better very soon" He said and gave someone behind us a glare. "Hello there Cyno" he said and smiled. "Hello Thignari" he answered as an uncomfortable silences gave in.

A cough broke the silence and everyone looked at the adventurer. The adventurer stared at everyone before looking through the room. "Might you mind looking somewhere else? This is getting embarrassing.." he said and Thignari sighed. "Collei might you help me take care of the others who just arrived. I heard their footsteps just now." He asked and Collei nodded walking after Thignari.

"You come with me Y/N, we still need to learn for the upcoming exam in the academia" Cyno said and pulled me with him. "I can walk just fine!" I yelled and he let go as I ran a little to catch up with him. For his height, he really was fast.

I looked at Cyno but didn't quite listen, I thought about how Cynos reaction would be if I kissed him on his chest and kissed him in public, when all of a sudden a slam on the table threw me out of my thoughts. "Y/N.. did you even listen?" "Yes, of course I did!" "If you did, then you can tell me the formel of page 184, a) no. 5" He said and crossed his arms. "Uh" I began before remembering the formel from two days ago. "It's (a+b)² + a (a-b)² ?" I said and smiled. "That's the wrong one. We have the formel called: (a-b)³ = a³ - 3a²b +3ab² - b³" He said and I starred at him confused. "We do?"

Apparently; we did and now Cyno was giving me the longest lectrury of my life. Talking about words I heard once in a while and never paid any attention to. It was taking awfully long for him to finish his lecture and my head already hurt from hitting it on the table, and Cyno continued to talk! It didn't even got better after he finished..

"Now, what did I explain Y/N?" He asked and huffed annoyed. "You said: In algebra people substitute numbers with certain letters or even alphabets so they arrive at a solution. Unknown quantities are represented by x,m,a,b, and the WHOLE rest of the alphabet equation.." I said and buried my face in my hands. "so you finally listened.." he said and got out the book.

"Now, let's see if you really understand it.." he said and smashed the book on the entry table spot Infront of me. "do no 4, a), b), d) and h)." He said and handed me a paper with a pen.

"I can't concentrate, y'know" I said and he got closer. "Stand up" he said and I did as he said, not wanting another lecture..
He sat down and patted his lap. "Sit down." I heard him say.

Just as I sat down I felt his arms around my waist and his face on my shoulder. "Do as much as you can. If you get confused, I am right here" he said and I smiled, starting the work he gave me.

So sorry I didn't upload in a while, I am sick rn and me head just hurts. Hope you enjoy this little chapter. I will already write 2 more chapters and upload them in the next days. They are gonna be short but I will be able to write longer ones soon again. Bye-byee