Chapter Eight

[Sorry for keeping you waiting, but a lot has happened since I last wrote a chapter for this story, so soon I will be uploading a prolouge to a story i've been working on and i would love it if all of you would take a look at it, I't not supernatural but i hope it's good enough that hopefully I will turn it into a seriers, so with that being said carry on.] :-)

Gabriella's POV

All I remembered was passing out and next thing I know I'm being woken up by a naked Neanderthal, who was shaking me awake, "Gabby wake up" Markus shouted into my already deaf ear, I groaned to let him know that I was awake, he let out a sigh of relief, then the questions started, "Gabby are you ok, what happened?" he demanded in a slightly shaky voice. "I don't know, and can you go put some pants on please, it's disturbing me", I told him in my most irritated voice I could muster without drooling at the sight of him naked.

He gave me a cocky smirk, "Do you mean disturbed or distracted" he gave me his most sinful smile when I rolled my eyes and averted my head to the opposite direction, "I meant disturbed, now go get some pants on" I told him, he chuckled at my response, and without another word he left the room, I was shaky and I still felt hot, a few minutes later Markus came back into the room with a towel wrapped around his waist,

I couldn't look away from his chest, it was so muscular, I wanted to reach out and run my hand over the taut looking skin, I shivered at the thought, heat began to build in my stomach and it almost seemed painful even.

He seemed oblivious to my discomfort, all I could think about was jumping Markus's bones, and I don't think he would mind at all, besides he was my mate, all thought's halted though when he began to speak again, "Want to tell me what happened", he said with narrowed eyes.

I shifted in the seat he had placed me in before he went to go get a towel, "Not particularly, no" I said and looked away from his gaze, I heard rustling of the towel as he walked closer to me, "I need to know, Gabriella" he said, using my name was a dirty trick because once my name left his lips, the heat that was in my body decided to shoot lower causing me pain and I whimpered.

Markus noticed because he was at full attention now, "Gabby what's wrong, are you hurt", he said concern lacing his voice, when he got closer I flinched away from his touch, knowing it would get worse if he did manage to touch me, "Dammit Gabby, tell me what's wrong", he yelled and grabbed my arm's forcefully, I yelped as hot sparks like electricity shot through my body, I closed my eyes tightly, Markus seemed to freeze as he took a sniff of the air.

"Gabriella" he said in a husky voice, I shivered as another set of sparks seemed to go through my body, "I think you're in heat" he said as if it was the most common thing in the world, his nose found its way to the base of my neck and skimmed his nose along where my shoulder connected to my neck, tickling my skin.

I shivered from the contact, then it registered what he said, and I shoved him away from me, "I don't want this, you need to leave", I told him, he seemed to be in disbelief as if what I had said had been imagined, his eye's narrowed and he growled at me, "You can't fight this by yourself, it's a force stronger then you can control, by nightfall you'll be in so much pain, please let me help you", he tried to reason with me, and I knew he was right but I wasn't listening, a choked sob left me, I didn't know what I wanted, I needed to get away from him and think.

My key's to the truck was on the coffee table right behind Markus, I knew if I got within arm length of him I would give into the need to finish the mating ritual, and I just needed to thing, I raised my hand to the object I was thinking about and they came flying past Markus's head into my waiting palm.

"I have to go", I told him and rushed outside to my truck, the pain grew worse as the further I got away, I was torn between giving in and being mated to him or ignoring all instincts and leaving it alone, I looked back at my door, and there stood a wolf, I knew it was Markus, I stared at the beautiful dark grey wolf, his eyes full of pain, pleading with me to come back, I started the engine and put it in drive, a sob left my lips when I put my foot on the gas and took off.

........

The pain was so bad at this point, that I could barely move for fear of excruciating pain, it had been nearly twelve hours since I left Markus standing outside my house, with the pained look on his face, I felt tears run down my face but I didn't care anymore I hurt my mate, the way I figured it, it was what I deserved, another sharp pain ran through my body and gritted my teeth to keep myself from screaming in pain.

After a few minutes it went away and I was left gasping for breath, I couldn't believe after living for as long as I have, that I was reduced to a snot faced cry baby, all because I was away from my mate, who was an werewolf alpha, I guess the moon goddess saw it was a good punishment to stick me with one of her children, after I had cursed them, that night briefly flashed through my mind.

I could still hear the screaming from the battle field as vampires and werewolves fought for something as stupid as territory, back then it was so brutal, I still got dry heaves every time I thought about it, I could still remember what it sounded like when someone's throat was being ripped apart, or how it sounded when a head was being cleaved from a body, bloody images flashed behind my eye lids and I opened my eyes not wanting to see something I rather not remember.

I closed my eyes and cleared my mind of everything, the pain, the hurt, the anger, the sadness, the regret and everything that I had kept deep within myself for so long and I buried it deep into my subconscious. I had to stop being a baby and figure out what I wanted before it was too late, I admitted to myself that I had feelings for the strong alpha.

The pain had resided for the time being, due to the fact that I had pushed it into my subconscious were I could withstand the pain, but it would come back and bite me in the ass eventually, I slowly got up from where I had fallen, In my rush to leave, I went to the place I had thought of first and it was at Kimmie's family's lake cabin right by the beautiful body of water that I loved.

I dusted myself off and straitened the furniture from where I had knocked it over, it was time to face facts and the one person, the moon goddess had decided to fate me with.

[Sorry this chapter is a little short but I figured since I hadn't written in a couple of weeks that I would give you this, hope you like it. So I think it's been a month since I started back to college and it's kicking my ass, well only one class is kicking my ass and that would be Spanish! I'm doing pretty well in my other classes I think. Whoever thought it was a good idea that people like me need to learn a different language to pass college should be shot.]

VOTE...?

COMMENT...? or FAN PLZ :-D