Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

I was officially back open for business, I thought as a couple customers walked into my shop, the mess was finally cleaned up and some new things decorated my shop, I sipped my coffee and gave a contented sigh, King sat behind my desk out of view of several customers, after the past couple of days I was glad to get back to a regular work schedule, Markus had been anal about it but I finally talked him down to letting me keep King by my side when I wasn’t with him, otherwise I would have had at least four ware’s guarding me, and that would have been difficult getting customers to relax in my store.

Today I had gone for a more casual look, rather than my more classier looks, I had what were called skinny jeans and a dark blue shirt that hung loosely to the top of my body, with my hair up in a ponytail and sneakers, King gave my leg a nudge as if to tell me that more customers were entering the shop, I was surprised that he would do this to let me know, I rubbed his head and greeted them with a smile upon my face, “Hi, welcome to ‘Gabi’s, Random Remedies’”, I said before going back to placing an order for lunch, I had ordered a grilled chicken sandwich for me and a medium rare stake for King, from the diner two blocks away. 

I had been open for about two hours and so far I had had a good stream of customers come in, I had a nagging suspicion most of them were from the werewolf community since none of the women would look me directly in the eye when I asked if I could help them look for anything, and the men would avoid my touch like the plague, or it could have been them bowing their heads and saying good bye Luna as they left the store, that tipped me off.

I was just about finished with my food when I heard the bell above the entrance chime, I stuffed the rest of the food in my mouth and took a sip off tea to wash it down, without thinking I greeted the unseen customer “Good evening welcome to Gabi’s Random Remedies, my name is Gabby how may I assist you today”, when I finished King was already up and by my side. His hackles were raised and his ears were back in a threatened manner, I put my hand on his head to sooth him, a man was in the shop and from what I could tell so far he looked dangerous as sin, with his leather pants molded to his backside.

I wasn’t interested or anything, it was just an observation, he was also holding up a special kind of charm that I hand crafted myself, it was mostly used for protection but it could also be used for vengeance and that’s why I usually checked the customers aura before I sold them, you had to be careful nowadays “May I help you sir?” I asked politely, when the guy turned around I wasn’t surprised to see that it was Talon Guire, since moving here I’d had some dealings with him but we were far from friends “You may, my my Gabriella you are stunning today”, sticky sweetness coated his words and made me want to gag, King’s ears went back as a low growl came from him.

As if noticing him for the first time Talon raised his brow, “Nice mutt, I’m not here to harm anyone”, he said in a soothing voice, I stepped in front of King, “What do you want Talon, we both know you didn’t stop by for a chat”, I said, hoping that he would leave my shop soon, He smiled at me which gave me an eerie feeling, “Actually that’s exactly why I’m here, I hear your now mated to that wolf”, he said it with such distain that surprised me.

“So what if I am, it’s none of your business”, I glared at him, I noticed he still had the charm in his hand and was twirling it back and forth between his fingers, “I’m surprised that after all this time that now of all times you two would recognize each other as mate’s”, he said, I was a little thrown back, why all the question’s regarding my mate and me? Talon smiled as if reading my mind, “I’m happy for you two, on behalf of my coven and I, I would like to present to you my protection”, he said humbly, I was stumped, protection?, why and what would I need his protection for? I think I was capable of protecting myself.