Chapter Seven

[SO hear is the new chapter, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it]

I couldn't believe what I just heard, but I smiled to myself knowing that he couldn't do anything to me that I didn't want, I was safe for now, if I was his mate then fate would intervene, and I would be his fully, I shoved him away from me.

"Right now you can't do anything that I don't want you too", I told him, he growled in annoyance remembering that he was thrown a good distance away by an unseen force, then he gave me an unholy smile one that I had seen on a couple of werewolves from time to time, but I had no idea what it meant, "I'll be seeing you around Gabby", he said before leaving, I sighed in relief, for now I could be left alone.

I picked Nell up and just held her feeling the softness of her fur, after a while she meowed at me as I put her down she looked up at as if asking me "What now", I sighed and got up to walk into my bedroom, and she fallowed, "Now I look up everything about mates I can find", I told her, she seemed satisfied by my answer and curled up into a tiny ball at the end of my bed and promptly fell asleep.

My eyes were tired of staring at the screen for so long, it was well into the next morning before I realized it, I had found several websites on my laptop that had pages upon pages on werewolf things, I realized that the sun was coming up, but I couldn't stop reading, I was trying to learn everything I could so I could be prepared, but not once had I found anything pertaining to werewolf mates, this was so frustrating, I wanted to call and ask Marcy, but I didn't want to interrupt her sleep, plus she was a part of Markus's pack so I nixed that idea.

Having had no sleep and finding no answers, I huffed out a frustrated breath, waking up Nell who looked like my all-nighter hadn't bothered her a bit, I decided that I needed a day to relax so I stayed home and go looking for some herbal plants that were in my woods, but first I needed a shower.

After my shower I changed into yoga pants and a baggy t-shirt, keeping my witches pendant underneath, grabbing a basket and some planting tools I headed into my woods, it was a beautiful day, not too warm and not too cold as I glanced around I spotted some herbs that would be good in food, so I dug them up and kept searching.

As the day progressed I noticed Nell had fallowed me, she never left the house so I was curious as to why she had come with me, my basket full of goodies I decided to head home, as we headed back I started to get warm and I started to sweat so I stopped to drink some water by the stream, suddenly I couldn't breathe, it felt like my entire body was on fire, I fell back into the soft leaves, Nell meowed and started to pace back and forth, then she came and sat by my head.

But as suddenly as it had come it went away, as my body cooled down and my breathing returned to normal, my brain raced trying to come up with an answer, I got up picking up my basket, Nell looked at me before swiftly walking back to the house, leaving me to catch up with her, as I got closer I noticed Nell has stopped to wait on me, then as soon as she spotted me she kept walking, and she continued that until we got back to the house, "Thanks Nell, your such a good kitty", I told her as I walked up the steps, as soon as I stepped into my house my cell phone rang.

As soon as I got to it, it stopped ringing, damn I thought to myself, as I walked away from it I felt an intense heat consume my body, it was worse than when it happened in the woods, I felt so dizzy, I tried to stand but I felt my body drain of energy, leaving me helpless.

...........

Markus POV.

I hung up the phone, she hadn't answered so I just assumed that she was either ignoring my calls or she wasn't home, for some reason it bothered me that she hadn't answered, I shook the feeling away, I needed to go back to the pack training for today, some of the newbies looked really excited, no worries I'd sweat it out of them by the end of the day they'd be dreading it for the next week, not everyone was cut out to be a pack worrier but there was no shame in that everyone had a purpose in a pack even if it was a lowly job, doesn't mean it's not important, everyone had a role to play to make the pack run smoothly.

Thinking of that I once again thought of my mate, Gabriella, she was beautiful to me, she had thick dark long wavy hair down to her butt, and what a nice butt too, she also had kissable lips and a sent that made my mouth water, especially if she was angry, I remember the first time I realized she was my mate, I was shocked that the little healer women was supposed to be my life mate, I started to avoid her at all cost but ignoring her for so caused my wolf to get angry at me and he finally stopped talking to me, I could still fell him but he ignored me just like I had ignored her.

The first words out of his mouth in almost a year and a half were "Go to mate, mate in danger" and I had listened to him, if hadn't she probably would be dead, I was still wondering why the vamp had attacked her, I guess I would never know, after training Kyle my beta and some other high ranking wolves went into town for a drink.

When we walked into the bar and grill, Saliva one of the older waitresses came up to us and asked us for our order, "And what would you like Mr. Alpha" she smiled suggestively at me and I wanted to gag, normally I would have taken her up on her nonverbal hint, but since I had marked Gabby the thought of bedding the cougar didn't have much appeal anymore, "Just a beer and a burger, Saliva that's all", I stated making all but my beta drop their jaws in astonishment.

"I thought you were into older women, man" said one of the other high ranking wolves named Steve, I sighed no one new about Gabby some probably suspected but none knew except my beta Kyle, and his mate Marcy, "I just don't fell into it tonight" I said hoping that would be the end of it but it wasn't.

"Do you want someone younger, I know the perfect girl?" asked a wolf named Travis, at that moment, a blond chick and a dude walked into the bar, they had the same look about them so they must have been siblings, as I took a sniff at them to see what they were they girl looked over at me and gave me a smirk, she smelled of Gabriella both of them did, at that my wolf got jealous, who were these people.

As I went to get up Kyle held me back, "You don't want to do that Alpha", he said warningly, I just gave him a look but he stayed in place, "And why the hell not", I asked him, he just gave me a slight shove back and I landed in my chair, I growled at him threateningly, at the noise the pack members looked over at us, I was getting pissed, I wanted to hit my beta in the face for stopping me.

"The chick is trained in supernatural defense and all kinds of martial arts, she could kick anyone's ass, and her brother is part of the council" he said, at his words I relaxed, there was no point in starting a fight, they hadn't done anything yet, at that moment Saliva came back with our order and we all chowed down.

After eating we all decided to play a friendly game of pool, we split into two teams, Kyle, Travis and me on one team and Steve, Jackson and Vance on the other, we were in the middle of a set, and it was my turn I was about to take a shot when a glass was set in front of my shot, when I looked up it was the blond chick from earlier, and her brother was right behind her.

"Kimmi, Brian, what do we owe this pleasure of seeing you", Kyle said smoothly before I could kindly tell them to piss off, the girl smirked as if knowing my thoughts, Brian spoke first, "We need to talk to you Alpha McCain, it's important", he said, I nodded and started walking away from the pool table, I was followed by Kimmi, and her brother, and bringing up the rear was Kyle.

When we got outside, Kimmi and the Brian dude looked around and made sure we weren't heard, "It's about Gabby, the council thinks she's in danger", Kimmi said first, Kyle nodded for her to continue, "I can't protect her, and I know you will because you're her mate" she said, Kyle took a defensive stance, "How do you know Gabby is his mate" he said growling.

"That's not important, what is important is that you need to protect Gabby from the danger, it's not safe for her right now, she's vulnerable and she needs protecting" she said ignoring Kyle, "How do I know you're telling the truth" I asked, my question seemed to amuse her because she smiled, suddenly my wolf was pounding to be let out, there was an urgent need to go protect our mate, and that's when I knew something was wrong, in a blink of an eye, I was transformed into my dark grey wolf, and he took complete control.

[So how did you like the chapter? Did you like Markus POV? Do you want more from his point of view? So I'm going to start writing little article's about all kinds of topics I already have the first one up, go check it out please, if you like my story's I'm sure you'll like what I think about different things, and if you could give me your opinion on what I wrote, I'd very much like to hear it :-D]

-Roz <3