Chapter Three

[Just so you know my morning harasser called me at ten in the morning the other day, complaining about me putting in another chapter in before I take care of my family things, and after thinking about it I decided that I would do what she asked, when I called her to let her know that I would add one more chapter she called me a midnight stalker and hung up on me, so much for sisterly love:]

It was a face-off between Markus and myself , I couldn't believe that I had let someone sneak up behind me, I was pissed at myself for letting that happen, we stared at each other for a few minutes before he blew out a frustrated breath, "Are you going to tell me what just happed or not", he said before his stare turned into a glare, a tingle went down my spine, good lord it wasn't the right time to be getting tingles, I told myself and shook my head, he must of taken that as my answer because he growled at me, "Don't you growl at me Markus McCain", I told him in my adult voice, he stood straighter as if being called to attention, when he realized what he had done his glare intensified, more tingles made their way down my spine, ignoring the feeling, I glared right back at him, "It's none of your business what I do or don't do", I told him, he huffed and mumbled something under her breath, "Whatever, I'm leaving", I huffed back and started walking to my truck, I pulled the key's out of my purse and started the engine, as I drove off I could see Markus in the rearview mirror with his muscular arms crossed over his nicely sculpted chest as if to say that their conversation wasn't over.

On the drive home I was trying to remember what my older sister had said about our family witches pendent, before she had died along with her werewolf husband, she had passed it down to me, both of my sisters had been married when they died, but that's what killed them, my older sister Victorian, married a werewolf, and my second oldest sister, Adriana, married a vampire, let's just say that they could never agree on anything, the husband I mean, well I guess it doesn't matter anymore because in the end, my sister's fought as well, it ended up tarring my family apart, and now they were gone, I could never take back the words that we said to each other and there were so many more words that I hadn't got to say to them, if only I had a few minutes more, but I knew that if my wish was granted, a few minutes would never be enough.

I realized that I had parked my car in my driveway, and I was staring into the woods that surrounded my house, I turned off the engine and got out, walking into the house I called for Nell, when she pranced into the room I picked her up and rubbed my face in her fur. I think she sensed my frustration and distress because she started to purr out loud for me, I loved it when she purred it relaxed me, I sighed when I realized that I still had that dinner thing that I was invited to, tonight, I decided to do some research until it was time for me to get dressed, it was really bugging me as to why that vampire wanted it, as I put Nell down she started to rub against my legs. Going into my room I got down on my knees and reached under the bed for my family's magic book, if anything, something should be in it about our families' witches pendent, as I was flipping the pages a spell stood out, it was a spell for lost witches, witches by nature are sociable beings, we don't like being alone, I've been alone so long that I realized, I like being by myself, not having to depend on anyone, but it gets lonely, but then again that's why I got Nell.

After going through my spell book and family journals, I didn't find anything useful thus far, as I got up I dusted myself off and looked at my bedside clock, it read five thirty five, oh shit, I thought to myself I only had fifty-five minutes to get ready, I rushed through a shower, I blow dried my hair and stood at my closet yet again, I finally pulled out a dress that I had had forever but I had never worn it, it was grey and went down to at least my knees and had spaghetti straps and in the front, it had sort of like a tie up thing, like a corset, I applied minimal cover up, but I used dark eyeliner and shadow to make my eyes have the popped look, then I added shiny clear lip gloss, whoever invented lip gloss ought to be kissed in my opinion, and then I went over to my discarded cloths and grabbed my pendent, I think it will be safer with me for the time being, I told myself as I put it around my neck, I dabbed a little rose bud behind my ears and on my wrist so I would smell a little sweet, it was a trick that my sister had used , trust me, if you're going to be dining with a bunch of werewolves it was important that you don't smell threateningly, especially if there was young around, the rose bud helped bring that natural sweet smell out.