━━ SIXTEEN

[ act ii - burn the kingdoms down ]
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
( the death that was foreseen )

     ALTHEA'S FEET CARRIED HER TO THE MIDDLE of the feast her heart beating swiftly, her eyes going to her husband who was kneeling, men holding him by his shoulders to keep him down and a sword held to his neck by a man standing behind him

All eyes were now on Althea, her eyes only on Gunnar, "Our Queen sends a message." The sword was then held tighter to Gunnar's neck making him bleed slightly, "Anyone who conspires against her deserves a fate that will only end in death, even you, Princess Althea the Bloodthirsty."

Althea's chest rose and fell quickly her hearing going out and she saw red. She noticed Maximus slowly moving toward the man who held Gunnar captive against his sword. Revna making her way toward a woman that was with them, they were both waiting for Althea's move. Her eyes moved back and forth trying to calculate her next move, what could she possibly do.

Althea wanted out of this situation, with only one goal in mind, all those who went against her dead. Her eyes closed for a moment before opening as she cleared her mind. She did not even think as she grabbed a random Vikings sword from the sheath from his hip, she charged and when she did, so did Maximus and Revna.

Maximus  took down the man who would have killed Gunnar, Revna taking out the woman quickly. Althea dodged every swing thrown at her. Her body moved in such strange ways, ways that not many have seen before. With every strike she made she knew she hit their body but she did not care, she only wanted one thing and that was what she would get.

She kicked the feet out from under one man before driving the sword into his throat, the sword shook from the impact and rocked back and forth in the mans throat. Leaving the sword in its place, Althea's feet carried her to Gunnar who was bleeding from his face.

Her hands grabbed his face quickly, her eyes searching his, "Are you okay?" She asked worriedly. Her heart ached at the sight of him in pain. Gunnar stood slowly with the help of Althea.

"I am alright, my love..." One of his hands moved to wipe the blood that dropped from his nose. His eyes then darted behind her to one of the men getting up, his ax in his hand and his eyes on Althea, the ax was thrown from the mans hands aiming to kill.

In a second Althea felt her body being switched with Gunnar's, his body grabbing her close and his back now faced the man. Althea's eyes went up to his face quickly and her heart sank when she heard the bone breaking sound. The sound of flesh being sliced through.

Gunnar held her face in his hands and looked down at her slowly, "Althea I-.." his words were cut short as he collapsed. The ax lodged into Gunnar's back, Althea dropped with Gunnar holding him close. The breath being torn from her lungs.