━━ THIRTY-EIGHT

[ act iv - revenge will be sweet ]
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
( some will stay and some will go )

[ act iv -  revenge will be sweet ]CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT( some will stay and some will go )

     ALTHEA STOOD AT A CLIFF NOT FAR FROM WHERE the small hut was, she was waiting for someone. A friend she had not seen in a few months. One she had missed. She was starting at the open sea watching the waves crash down in a repetitive motion almost as if representing life. The creation of a wave is a birth and the crash of the wave is a death.

And everything between the creation and crash of the wave would be life. However short or long that life was, everyone was destined to die. No one can escape it. Not even the gods. For everyone knew that one day Ragnarok would come.

Footsteps sounded from behind her before a voice spoke, "Lost in thought once again?" Althea closed her eyes and smiled softly before turning around and looking at the soon to be mother.

"Porunn, I have missed you greatly." Althea spoke as Porunn and Althea hugged, Porunns belly making it slightly harder for Althea to wrap her arms around her friend.. A smile on both their faces.

Once they pulled away Althea looked her friend over and smiled at the small belly Porunn sported. "You look wonderful, I am glad Eskel is taking care of you. The baby is doing alright?"

Porunn let out a small laugh, "More along the lines of me taking care of him. But thank you." Porunn placed a hand on her swollen belly as she nodded. "Yes, the baby is fine. He troubles me not."

"He?" Althea asked as she raised a brow.

Porunn nodded, "We hope for a boy." A small smile played on her face.

They both turned to face the water this time as they stood side by side. "I am sure you have already heard, King Harald perished. Torsten bested him in battle."

Porunn raised a brow, "That sly dog. He really did it." Porunn shook her head in disbelief, a small smile on her face at Torsten's victory.

"I came in his stead as he has already left for Vestfold. Seeing as how Bjorn and Lagertha are still seeking safety in Vingulmark I wanted to come to you with a plan. A proper plan." Althea began.

"Anything for you Althea, I swore my fealty to you and I will not break that oath, so whatever you ask of me I will do." Porunn felt her chest tighten at the thought Althea might send her back to Vingulmark.

"Torsten and I can not rule Vestfold from here. And we will not be separated, I wanted to ask if you and Eskel would rule Vestfold in Torsten's absence. Much like you did for me here when I left." Althea turned to face her friend.

"And no, I am not ordering you to go to Vestfold, I am asking you, Porunn. I have a great amount of trust in you and know you will see mine and Torsten's wishes through to the end." Althea began.