Lucky, huh.

Lucky, huh. Matt Casey was lucky. It missed all bones and arteries. The stab did. He would be healed in no time. He would be fine.

"Hey Matt. I have to tell you something important." Gabby said with a serious face. "I'm..." She looked him in the eye and knew he couldn't deal with the pregnancy now, "I'm just so happy to see you, I don't want to get back together, but I..." She closed her eyes, "I want to be friends."

"Friends it is. I won't pressure you into something you don't want."

"You already have!"

"How?" He yelled.

"I'm pregnant, and it's yours. I want it, but I don't want it right now."

"What!?" He was confuzzled. "When?"

"Chicago Med, that night."

"Yeah, that was a good night."

"Matt."

"I don't know what else to say. Just go if you want, I don't really care."

"You know what Matt, I hate you." The second she said was the second she regreted it. "Matt, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I just don't think. I don't think this is fair." She looked at him and walked away. She walked out of the hospital, and left to go to firehouse 51.

"Gabby, have you told him yet?"

"Yes Sylvie, as a matter of fact, I just told him. He blew up on me." Her eyes teared up, "I told him I hated him."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I didn't mean it. It just, I dun' know, It just came out I gues..."

"Hey, don't cry, you are just, hormonal."

"Yeah, I know." Gabby looked at Sylvie, "I'm glad you are my friend. All you need, is to be gay and then you'd be exactly like Shay."

"I heard she was the best paramedic this house ever had."

"She was, and it's my fault she is dead."

"What, don't say that."

"I asked her to switch me spots, and then it hit her and she..."

"Hey, I heard what happened, it's okay. You don't have to tell me."

"I know."

"Dawson, Can I talk to you in here." Cheif asked.

"Yeah, sure." When she walked into his office, Matt was standing there.

"I hear you are pregnant." Cheif stated.

"Yes sir, you heard right. What am I, on desk duty?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Alright." She sighed and found her new desk. She sat down and looked at a stack of papers. "Nine months." She whispered.

"Nine months for what?" Otis asked walking in.

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh wow, I have to tell everyone!!!" He said sarcastically, "I will though, don't worry."

"Thanks, make it much easier for me." She replied. This was her family, no matter what.