What happens next?

"So, what'll happen, will you and Matt raise it together?"

"Nope, he is out. I'm done with him. He can see the baby every now and then, but I don't want to deal with him anymore. I'm done!" Gabby responded to Chilli.

"Calm it, fire." That's what everyone called her now, fire, just because she blew up when people asked about Matt and the baby. "Just askin'."

"Okay. Sorry. Just don't get in my business like that."

"Yeah, deal fire, whatever'll keep you from blowin' up."

"I'm just hormonal, I mean, I just...I'm gonna throw up." She raced to the bathroom. Morning sickness. Gabby was 2 months and a week pregnant, a little over halfway through the first trimester. Then, she would not have morning sickness anymore.

"Fire. You okay." Brett walked in and asked.

"Yep, you know, just throwing up. Just another month till I won't get no more morning sickness."

"Wow! You are already 8 weeks."

"Nine actually."

"And, hear me out. Matt should really be helping out, ya know."

"No...I've already got someone. We have been dating 2 weeks. And he likes me, and I like him."

"What!?" Brett looked shocked, "Well, I didn't know you were already seeing someone...Name?"

"Alright...Fine, he isn't real, I lied. I just hate people talkin about Matt. It's always Matt, Matt, Matt. It's never me. It him or the baby, that's all we talk about now, him or the baby."

"Did you tell him this?"

"No."

"Well, you should. It would help your relationship. And no, I don't know for sure, but it would let him know that that's the reason why you can't stand him now."

"Yeah, and his cologne, it makes me want to vomit." She went back into the stall and vomited. "Just the thought of it. But, I still love him and I just want him back."

"Tell Him That!"

"I will...or not." Quickly she went back into the stall. She came out a minute later. "Okay, now I'm ready."

"Mint?"

"Yes, please." They started laughing.

"Severide, outta here." Matt stated. "This is my crew."

"Yeah right." They were joking around.

"Matt. I need to talk to you." Gabby stated from across the kitchen.

"Wooh! Fire's got her groove back, work that pregnant body!" Severide screamed.

"Shut up! Dick!" Gabby called Severide. "Matt, I love you. I want to keep loving you."

"I love you too. How are you, and the baby?"

"Damnit Matt." She said.

"What!?"

"You always make our conversations about you, or the baby. Never me."

"That's because I don't want you to worry too much about yourself. And, last time we talked was like...three..no four weeks ago. So who can blame me?"

"Sorry, I just."

"No sorry's. Just let me kiss you."

"Okay, sure." He leaned forward and placed his lips on hers.

"YEAH! FIRE AND CASEY!" Otis yelled.

"Stop calling me that motherfucking name. Next person who calls me that is getting it!"

And Gabby was that feisty for the rest of her first trimester....(TBC)