Life brings Surprises.

Lilly and Matt stayed at the firehouse, and Gabby went to the fire. She was sad to go, but she knew, she'd be safe. On their ride home, Gabby was sitting in the ambo, and over the radio she heard Matt's voice.
"We need an ambulance. There's been an accident." Matt stated.
"Hurry, Sylvie, step on it." Gabby said, and picked up the walkie, "Ambulance 61 responding."

They finally arrived at the firehouse, and seen blood everywhere. "Matt! Lilly! Are you okay Lilly? What happened?"
"We, we were playing a um....a game...and" Tears were running down Lilly's face. "Is he gonna be okay?"
"He's is gonna be just fine. Don't worry." Sylvie comforted both of them. "So Lilly, how did this game have something to do with a knife?"
"I dunno. We was playing tag, and he was making me a sandwhich, and he fell."
"Are you okay?" Gabby asked her daughter, while putting guaze on his wound.
"I feel fine."
"Can you go stand over there. We have to help daddy be better." Gabby reassured her.
"Okay." She quietly walked over to the table, and seen everyone else arrive.
"Uncle Kelly, Daddy's hurt!!" She started crying, as they wheeled him on the stretcher.
"I know Lilly, I know." Kelly stated.

After a couple hours, he woke up, and they were all there to make sure he was okay. Matt was fine, it hit no major organs, and he would recover in a week. A couple weeks later, he was cleared for duty. And he went right back to putting out fires, and making rescues.

"Life brings surprises, and with it, happiness, joy, death, sadness, and worry. Sometimes even anger. But just because you get a bad surprise doesn't mean that your hated. It doesn't mean you should be angry. Recently, I was wounded by a knife, while making a sandwhich. Which, I never thought would happen. But you know, that was a good surprise. Because it led me to not regretting anything, and to doing things, I never thought I could do. Like goind skydiving, or bungee jumping. So I want to say, take chances, take risks, and live your life like there is no tomorrow. I know, most of you know this quote, but it's a good one, and it's true, so....just do it." Matt spoke, "How does that sound." Matt asked Gabby.
"Sound fine. Okay, now can we go to bed. The speech isn't for another day, just, calm down. Your only speaking in front of 12 people."
"More like twelventy."
"That's not a number."
"I heard they were gonna aske me to do a nike commercial."
"It's okay. You are a very good speaker, and your gonna do fine."
"Okay, goodnight babe, love you."
"Goodnight." Gabby whispered under her breath. "Finally."

Three days later, after the speech, Matt was asked to do the nike commercial. They took a vacation, and had so much fun. But then, they heard, Kelly had been involved in a nasty explosion, that put him in a coma.